Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
7/7/18 9:58 p.m.

Another tragedy for the Dunlop family. William has died during a superbike practice crash at the Skerries 100 road race. 

God speed young man. RIP crying

http://www.mcnews.com.au/william-dunlop-dies-skerries100-2018/

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
7/9/18 4:51 p.m.

Sad news.

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
7/9/18 9:35 p.m.

Damn that sucks. Poor Mrs. Dunlop has had a rough time of it.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
7/11/18 10:29 p.m.

William was laid to rest today next to his father Robert and uncle Joey. His partner is pregnant with their second child. She had some complications which caused Willam to skip the TT this year so he could be home with her. Fans and people of the community have raised over £15K for his family. It's such a tragedy. He had been contemplating retirement. 

Michael seems to get more recognition than William did due to his successes at the TT. But only three other people have more wins in the Irish National Road Race circuit. His father Robert, Uncle Joey and Ryan Farquhar are the only people that have more wins. A truly talented rider. 

I'm still heartbroken.

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
7/11/18 10:45 p.m.

I saw a documentary on the Dunlop family. They seemed to have the attitude that it won't happen to them. How many more Dunlops are going to die on motorcycles? 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
7/11/18 10:57 p.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

Michael is the only one left that races. He's not going to stop and he's extremely aggressive. William was always a little less willing to push hard if he didn't feel the bike was right. Michael seems like he almost uses shear will and he pushes through no matter what. To me he's almost reckless. 

Make no mistake, every single one of those guys know exactly what the consequences are. But they're willing to put that out of their minds and push themselves to the absolute limit. 

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
7/11/18 11:27 p.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

Anybody have Michael on their Dead Pool?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
7/12/18 6:47 a.m.

That sucks.  That's one family that's had more than it's fair share of tragedy.  

Deleted secondary comment.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
7/14/18 12:35 a.m.

Jesus Christ. I've driven all of these roads in the north. Joey crossed all the boundaries for the longest time. Bertie Fisher too. Hard men.indecision

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
khENoGWGwA82OH6jh0IL4yRTxPO1ELbgSUddQs6SyXLA6DyQQPCjNcfk3GVy5RJw