jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports HalfDork
7/10/09 9:22 p.m.

I know this is my second what do you think about this bike post today but.....................

Anybody know anything about the GN125?

A 1992 popped up on the local carigslist. Just wondering if they're any good as an around town bike and how much you should pay for one.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi Dork
7/10/09 10:27 p.m.

I'd say no more than 500ish, and yeah just never get on the highway unless you have a deathwish.

suprf1y
suprf1y Reader
7/11/09 1:02 a.m.

I believe its the same motor as the DR/DR-Z 125, which is basically a destroked, and bored DR200. With a few mods, highways speeds would be attainable. It would be fine as an around town bike.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports HalfDork
7/11/09 1:30 p.m.

I went and took a look at it. (It turns out that I know the person that is selling it.)

He said that when he got it it didn't want to rev above 4500-5000RPM under load. He went through the carb and cleaned it up but it still didn't seem to be 100%.

It's been sitting for a couple months and seems to be back at the point it was at when he got it.

Any ideas what it might need to bring it back to 100%? (BTW, it only has about 2300 miles on it)

suprf1y
suprf1y Reader
7/11/09 1:50 p.m.

It's probably carb related. Its not like much else can go wrong with them. The motors are as bulletproof as a Honda single.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2RmhLYPvixikeC3k7k6ks9f8zwEhwEbPRS74tJOiHKVAohoYh6rBa4iUHAg4icVL