1 2
andrave
andrave Reader
5/15/09 2:29 p.m.

as a side note, I have my own love affair with the Z1000... good and cheap and pretty funky looking. quite fast too, on their own right.

as for the numbers.. .a 12 second quarter mile for a bike isn't THAT fast... our stock 250 ninja ran a fifteen something and it was a damn 91 model with 30k on the clock.

From reading all the above and thinking about my own needs, I'd have to agree. For riding on the street, you'll never NEED more than an SV650. I'd also encourage you to look at FZ6's... they are a total Bob Costascat of a bike, pretty nice looking, super comfortable, and very reliable. FZ1 will eat just about anything with sticky tires and the right rider... I've seen an FZ1 on pilot powers shut down two R1's, an RC51, and a handful of smaller sport bikes...

though to be fair, I was shutting them down on my GSXR 750 too...lol. But I was the only one wearing leathers with knee sliders and this was a public road.

Oh wait... I mean... professional riders on a closed track.. right

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
5/15/09 4:26 p.m.

I've looked at the FZ6. Good bike.

I just don't feel like an inline-4. Silly reason, but there it is.

If they made a 675 version of the Triumph Tiger, I'd look into that too. But the 1050 has the same "issues" as the SV1000 for me.

Oh well, plenty of time for one later.

alex
alex HalfDork
5/17/09 4:58 p.m.
stroker wrote: I've got a 97 TL ...

You are the 4th TL owner on these boards. What are the odds?

stroker
stroker Reader
5/17/09 5:17 p.m.
alex wrote:
stroker wrote: I've got a 97 TL ...
You are the 4th TL owner on these boards. What are the odds?

We've got brains and class. What more is there?

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla New Reader
5/19/09 8:42 p.m.

My wife rides an '04 FZ6 and its a great bike,decent wind protection with the double bubble Puig sheild on it and once the stock bar is replaced with something not so curved the wrists stay happier. I ride an FZ1 thats piped,jetted and geared and its MUCH quicker than hers.

Gonzo_Bmod
Gonzo_Bmod New Reader
5/20/09 1:10 p.m.

Just another bike I kick myself for selling. It's a very disturbing pattern. Sure it's a bit rough around the edges on the throttle response unless you run a Power Commander or similar unit and that may be a little intimidating if you're new at this, but it sure sounds good when ridden in anger. Make sure it has the steering damper recall (addition) done on it.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/20/09 2:51 p.m.
Gonzo_Bmod wrote:

I never did it but I heard a set of Hayabusa brakes will fit the TL as well. I was more into touring and running around on the side so my mods focused on comfort more than performance.

In hindsight I should've gone with the SV650 instead of the TL1000. That rotary damper f'in sucks.

racerboy000
racerboy000 New Reader
5/24/09 7:31 p.m.

vtr 1000 is a nice choice as well

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
5/24/09 11:27 p.m.

My brother (slash roommate) picked up a 2000 SV650S for his girlfriend a month ago. Because of how it was purchased (it is a repo) it took too long for him to get the title so he found her a Buell Blast in the meantime (so now they both have Buells). So, there's this little red SV650 just sitting in my garage that we just got running (plugged shutoff valve in the tank). The sound is intoxicating and the half-naked look is sexy.

I might become a biker.

Dav
Dav New Reader
5/26/09 6:55 p.m.
racerboy000 wrote: vtr 1000 is a nice choice as well

I really like Superhawks--I considered them as well when I bought my Z1000 a few years ago. The fact that the Z was FI helped that decision... .

svdaveo
svdaveo None
6/18/09 6:40 p.m.

I work at a MC shop and half of us own SV 650s (the first gen carbed ones) We all own several other bikes, ranging from Ducatis, supermoto race bikes, dirt trackers, and 2 of us own 99 R1s. We love our 650s. I would not say it is perfect but damn its good. I do most track days on my R1 but would not hesitate to take the SV and I have taken it to the track in the past and I will again this year.

svdaveo
svdaveo New Reader
6/18/09 6:42 p.m.

actually half of us own RZ 350s too.

alex
alex HalfDork
6/18/09 9:58 p.m.

Yeah, so there goes that theory...

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
6/19/09 10:35 a.m.

Well, this thread might be moot as I've fallen hard for the V-Strom...

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
6/19/09 11:05 a.m.

My neighbor just bought a DL1000 Vstrom last night. That bike is TALL!!!

my toes can't even touch on both sides

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
6/19/09 11:09 a.m.

I want a Superhawk GT. So. Very. Badly.

That is all.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zPbVW7sHp23b9PFvBoVB2VkvGRF0nC1sM3bJQKzi3XuQgAVQEOPGuHG46KSLWQoI