Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/11/18 10:06 a.m.

In reply to Strike_Zero :

Very cool.

the_machina
the_machina New Reader
6/12/18 9:19 a.m.

That's a beaut of a bike! I was on one for my MSF class this spring and had a blast. Hope you get lots of giggles out of it!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
6/15/18 12:02 a.m.

Thanks GSP and the_machina!

Almost 300 miles in and I'm loving this little commuter! Bombing around town and back roads is very entertaining and giggle inducing. I have no buyers remorse with this one.

Sadly, I have ridden it this week. I'm waiting for my replacement CE armor to arrive for my riding gear. Once that comes in (tomorrow or Saturday), I'll be back in the saddle.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
7/3/18 8:54 p.m.

This little 300 has been an absolute riot! Commuting has been awesome. I'm seeing 68-71 mpg on normal commuting duties.  MPGs suffer at traversing the interstate, but is capable as long as you plan and kick down a gear.

As a back road bomber, this bike is phenomenal. I haven't giggled this much in a while.

Time for 600 mile service!!

speedyracer
speedyracer New Reader
3/20/19 9:04 p.m.

I rode a friends Cervelo a few years ago and found it too stiff for my liking. Im used to the Colnago feel though and my friend loved the Cervelo. So not a criticism, just a comment that it might be worth testing one first if you havent already. 

Not sure about the Ribble.

I hear very good things about EMC2 and Boardman who have bikes in your price range. 

Mavic Cosmics don't generally get good feedback on here. Apparently the hubs are junk, but I can't speak from personal experience. I have found Campag/Fulcrum wheels great. 

Error404
Error404 New Reader
4/23/19 10:57 p.m.

The stock mirrors on my 500 vibrated like crazy, nearly unusable on the highway, so I went with a set of bar ends and haven't looked back. Metaphorically

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
5/3/19 12:59 p.m.

In reply to Error404 :

You aren't the first to recommend switching to bar ends. I need to give them a closer look.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yREXo5YYc6pGzCFWFkRcmXR5FvfraK2eV4MxY23b3ZHDH62rA515xcy4u0c7xpEJ