Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
11/17/16 6:02 a.m.

An '01 XR250R and '00 DRZ400E have followed me home. They have been sitting for 15 years with old fuel but have very few hours and should run with basic care and feeding.

The owner didn't have titles but I have a bill of sale and original receipts back to the dealership in his name. That will be enough to flip them if they don't find a home here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
11/18/16 7:24 a.m.

An XR250R with good suspension is a wonderful thing, I predict the DRZ gets flipped and the Honda stays

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
11/18/16 12:19 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: An XR250R with good suspension is a wonderful thing, I predict the DRZ gets flipped and the Honda stays

The DRZ runs GREAT after an hour of cleaning and adjusting though. I've already torn up the lawn with it :)

The XR is waiting for a carb kit. I spent 3hrs cleaning and carefully checking everything over... but it staunchly refuses to fuel itself enough to start - as soon as the ether burns up it stalls. The floats are crumbly and I had to use pliers to get the float needle out of the hole. Then a 1/32 drill to clean the main jet after soaking it for 2hrs. For $40 ... towel thrown in. Waiting on parts.

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
11/21/16 4:21 p.m.

The DRZ is sought after by the Ca.street guys. Most will swap the whole engine but some like to keep the matching numbers so they just do the top end almost doubling the horsepower.

D2W
D2W Reader
11/23/16 3:36 p.m.
MulletTruck wrote: The DRZ is sought after by the Ca.street guys. Most will swap the whole engine but some like to keep the matching numbers so they just do the top end almost doubling the horsepower.

Supermoto?

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
11/26/16 10:24 p.m.

Wow, nice finds! They look pristine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9hxgKAJCmJIdLqvmwd9eZi32ufFTtuLxjDz2tmvW9dED5YW0cQDXlBrJcSUqTgAR