Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition SuperDork
5/30/17 8:41 p.m.

OK, this guy is an idiot and all that, but he also has one of the ugliest bikes I've ever seen. What is it?

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/30/17 8:58 p.m.

That is a stretched and lowered Hayabusa. The douchest of bikes that isn't of the pirate variety.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
5/30/17 9:25 p.m.

I see a fair amount of those bikes around. The lengthened swing arm comes from drag racing, but I"m pretty sure most of them only race from one bar to the next.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
5/30/17 9:28 p.m.

He's wearing all of the appropriate gear for a 'busa pilot as well.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
5/30/17 9:41 p.m.

The Hayabusa is one of the ugliest bikes in history. And that guy is a moron. Plus it looks like the rear tire is nearly flat.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
5/31/17 7:32 a.m.

They sure haven't aged well, that's for sure.

Rodan
Rodan Reader
6/1/17 11:47 p.m.

Had a gen 1 'Busa for quite a while. It's really a fantastic bike, but being it's the Escalade of the bike world, you can get lumped in with some real winners...

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
6/2/17 10:25 a.m.

My Busa looked much different

I grew up on bikes, my neighbor had a little minbikethat he would take me for rides on all the time, He gave me the bike for my 8th birthday.

I think there is nothing wrong with it as long as its done safely. I used to take my nephew on dirt bike rides when he was in one of those backpack things kids ride in nowadays. He also went on cattle drives, boats, roping on my back. I guess Im not as uptight as some.

NEALSMO
NEALSMO UltraDork
6/2/17 10:36 a.m.

He has all the required white trash safety gear on at least.

Flip flops...check

Board shorts...check

tank top/muscle tee...check

no helmet...check

Just leave the baby at home and let Darwin do the rest.

pres589
pres589 PowerDork
6/2/17 10:41 a.m.

I like the naked Busa. Something I hadn't though of before...

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
6/2/17 10:50 a.m.
pres589 wrote: I like the naked Busa. Something I hadn't though of before...

I tent to like bikes that are utilitarian. They are not a hobby to me, I ride everyday rain, shine or snow. This one was stock wheelbase, raied the back 2 inches to make the sreering quicker, The engine was about 180hp. Wiggled down the road pretty well. Frame broke at about 170K miles, Engine wnent in a little dunebuggy.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
6/2/17 11:32 a.m.

In reply to MulletTruck:

But that's a baby. Out on the road. Quite a bit different than riding a kid around the neighborhood or in a field. I have no issue with kids on bikes. But babies on the road is completely wrong.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
6/6/17 5:39 a.m.

I have memories of ridding on the gas tank of my dads bike. Probably what started my interest with bikes.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W1tfzlI5IU6WTPvfrpvrTKx5Phh8SAjOPGpg9OlPF2Xeu9SrtMPL7DdZhd5WslLT