1 2
93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
7/29/09 8:29 a.m.

I know my answer would be "No. Hell no." But then again, i'm also paranoid on 600cc bikes.

What do YOU think?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminators-buy-sell-254/618858-big-hp-turbo-hayabusa-sell-trade.html

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
7/29/09 8:32 a.m.

the only way I would ever get on that bike is if it was still on the trailer and Jenifer Love Hewitt were there and was willing to be my nude co pilot

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
7/29/09 8:34 a.m.

^That would about sum it up for me. And i would probably just push it back and forth in the trailer. STILL might poop myself.

600+whp in a CAR is ridiculous depending on the platform. But you want to do it on a bike?

Dude has thrill issues or something. This has to be a direct correlation of what the "jet bike" or whatever it was in "Torque" was like.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
7/29/09 8:36 a.m.

Heck yea! Given a chance I'd gladly give it a ride.

suprf1y
suprf1y Reader
7/29/09 8:42 a.m.

I would. I have seen bikes like that at Maxton. I wouldn't do over 200 mph in the standing mile, like they did, but I'd ride it.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla HalfDork
7/29/09 9:06 a.m.

I'm sorry... "burnouts at 160mph"... No. Not just no, but HELL no.

xci_ed6
xci_ed6 Reader
7/29/09 9:52 a.m.

No, never. For one thing, I'd be afraid that riding it would also require maintaining it.

93celicaGT2 wrote: Dude has thrill issues or something. This has to be a direct correlation of what the "jet bike" or whatever it was in "Torque" was like.

The MTT Y2K

I read one article that claimed the turbine consumed so much air that at 150mph the aerodynamics of the bike no longer apply. Essentially, you're riding on a jet engine at that point. The same article said that a test rider got it to 250mph before the rear tire exploded, he survived and said it kept pulling harder & harder the faster he went.

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
7/29/09 10:06 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I'm sorry... "burnouts at 260mph"...

Fixed it for you. 2 hp per pound will likely take you to that kind of speed with the tire blistering the whole way!

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Reader
7/29/09 10:28 a.m.

Hell ya! Let me get my helmet and leathers. Wo-who I'd love to take it for a run or two.

townsend7
townsend7 New Reader
7/29/09 11:13 a.m.

I'd love to take it for a spin. As soon as my collarbone heals. You know, the one I broke on a scooter....

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
7/29/09 11:28 a.m.

Welp.... i made the mistake of showing that to my girlfriend.

So far this week, her wants list:

Celica AllTrac
BMW 850csi
This bike

Boy, i'm in for some trouble.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla HalfDork
7/29/09 12:05 p.m.

Can I just have that engine for my Swift?

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 New Reader
7/29/09 12:10 p.m.

I would do it in a second. A friend has a shop and he built a turbo busa with 500 hp and wanted to get my wife to ride it since she weighs 1/2 of what he did. My wife was all for it, but we never got the chance to make it to the track.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/29/09 12:54 p.m.

Something about a bike with 600 hp just seems like a bad idea to me.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
7/29/09 1:03 p.m.

The local Boss Hoss motorcycle dealership owner's personal bike has a big block Chevy engine that I believe is rated at something like 630hp. Those things are overkill in stock form.

cghstang
cghstang New Reader
7/29/09 1:13 p.m.

That engine needs to find its way into the LeMons MetroGnome

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
7/29/09 1:50 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: The local Boss Hoss motorcycle dealership owner's personal bike has a big block Chevy engine that I believe is rated at something like 630hp. Those things are overkill in stock form.

I met a guy who drag races them. We were standing in the infield paddock of Pocono Raceway talking about racing and the Boss Hoss came up. He said it could pretty much do a burnout from one end of the paddock to the other--basically until the rider couldn't control it anymore.

Sounds like fun!

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 New Reader
7/29/09 2:02 p.m.

I used to be able to do a long burnout on my 929 - the key was gas and front brake at the same time - that and a lot of race take-off tires.

andrave
andrave Reader
7/29/09 2:47 p.m.

I would ride this. I'd wear my gear though. busa, every turbo ones, are relatively docile beasts if you know how to use your wrist. short shift them until you reach your comfort level. And this one is turbo'd... lower the boost. I dont think it'd make over 350 whp on street trim.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
7/29/09 3:27 p.m.

To quote DILYSI Dave.....JIMP.

I would jump on that bike like a fat kid on a twinkee.

Bonnieville...here I come.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
7/29/09 4:23 p.m.
andrave wrote: I would ride this. I'd wear my gear though. busa, every turbo ones, are relatively docile beasts if you know how to use your wrist. short shift them until you reach your comfort level. And this one is turbo'd... lower the boost. I dont think it'd make over 350 whp on street trim.

If i read the thread right, it's about 400whp in street trim, but yeah....

Even 300whp scares the piss out of me.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Reader
7/29/09 5:43 p.m.

I would ride the wheels off it on a daily basis.

I gotta get a turbo busa. My Gixxer Thou and ZX11 just dont cut it any more.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
7/29/09 7:00 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: Welp.... i made the mistake of showing that to my girlfriend. So far this week, her wants list: Celica AllTrac BMW 850csi This bike Boy, i'm in for some trouble.

yeah, you made the mistake of telling us how much she loves octane and apreciatable vehicles. Youre in trouble because your going to have to fend off a bunch of guys who hang out all day on a car forum

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/29/09 7:21 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago wrote: Something about a bike with 600 hp just seems like a bad idea to me.

Two words: throttle control. That ain't no light switch on the right bar, ya know?

Hell yeah I'd ride it but I think I'd avoid city streets.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
7/30/09 6:44 a.m.

I honestly would be scared to ride that thing.

well.....maybe once....twice down a drag strip....

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WlhtqBFZPuwogWrt6m5j6F9mgg6MIZQYAVlIKAqhwJG1Ze7AzCcf2nqJcy9cJz3i