Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/2/20 4:55 a.m.

This thread contains accepted Concours d'Cancelation entries in the Preservation Class - Presented by Chubb Insurance 

Comments are locked at this time.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 5:36 a.m.

1930 Chevrolet AD Sedan. 194 cubic Inch overhead valve 6 cylinder engine producing 50 BHP.

Owners; Bridget Hagood and Frank Jones of Cocoa, FL

Preservation Class

Bridget bought our 1930 Chevrolet "Ethyl" at auction, she says by mistake, I believe the owner wanted her bid to prvail. When the car was judged by the Antique Automoble Club of America (AACA) for authenticity in the HPOF Class (Historic Preservation of Original Features) Ethyl scored the maximum points. We had to perform a lot of maintenance to get the car running and stopping. One very hard task was finding a brake shoe arcing machine! While working on the car one of Bridget's important tasks was to have the ball ping hammer ready if I tried to paint and make something shinny. Clean and Preserve not restore. Ethyl has appeared in two movies. It is the type of automobile that makes you smile when you see it or hear the ahooga horn.

erserve was the job, not restore! Ethyl has appeared in two movies. She is the type of car that makes you smile when seen.

Owners: B

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 5:36 a.m.

Vancouver BC; Sports and GT 1970-80; Preservation Class. 1976 Panther J72 built by Panther Westwinds (UK) to order with 370 examples built over ten years. All Jaguar mechanicals with a 4.2 litre engine, alloy body and ladder frame supporting twin beam axels. This car has 19,000 miles and is totally original. These were hugely expensive in 1976 and most were sold to celebrities including this one.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 5:38 a.m.

Car: 1957 Lincoln 2 Door Premiere Hardtop.

Owners: Paul / Kathy Roberts

Class: Preservation Class

Invited by Gasparilla Concours. 

Details: Paint Code 64 Starmist White over Ivy Green Poly. 368 Y Block 300HP, 15,185 units built, current mileage 72,088.

I'm the third owner of this Lincoln, which I've owned for 3 years. The second owner bought it from the estate of the original owner in 1991. The second owner had the green paint, front and rear bumpers rechromed in 1992. I have all the paperwork to confirm. Other than that, this car has just been very well maintained. Since my ownership, regular maintenance has been done (Lincoln Land), rebuilt or replaced with NOS parts. This car also has Novi AC mounted in the trunk (AC BLOWS COLD). I enjoy this car and drive her weekly in good weather. Even in the Florida heat with the air on, she runs cool. Since my ownership she has won a Red Ribbon at Lake Mirror Concours d'Elegance in 2018. Also at the Eastern LCOC meet in Bradenton Fl on May 2018, she took First Place in Primary and Best Primary Division in 49-57 class. These are in addition to many awards at local shows. The other interesting fact is that I have an appraisal from Continental Auto LLC (signed by Wayne Carini) from May 1991 which was done to help sell the car from the estate of the original owner. This verifies the mileage in 1991 at 66,258. 

Thank You for your consideration. Paul

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 5:41 a.m.

Concours d’Cancelation Entry

Kim and Mitch McCullough

Pompton Plains, New Jersey

1954 Jaguar XK120 OTS roadster

Chassis #674443

Preservation Class

When Bernard Yurt returned home from the Korean War, he decided that what he needed was a sports car. Within months of being honorably discharged as a staff sergeant after his tour of duty in the U.S. Air Force, he purchased a shiny new 1954 Jaguar XK120 from Foreign Motors in Boston for $3,395.

Mr. Yurt took fastidious care of his XK120, driving it on special occasions and displaying it at regional car shows. Over his nearly 60 years of ownership Bernie preserved his XK120 in original condition and proudly used its originality as reference for other XK120 owners in Jaguar forums.

A devoted Jaguar enthusiast, Mr. Yurt founded the New England XK Association (N.E.X.K.A.) in 1968, later renamed the Jaguar Association of New England (J.A.N.E). The club still thrives today. (note the original N.E.X.K.A. badge on the front of the car)

We are only the second owners of this wonderful 1954 Jaguar XK120. It retains its original tan interior including the carpet, Dove Grey exterior paint, 3.4-liter engine, radiator, Moss gearbox and chassis. With just 56,000 original miles on the odometer, it has never been restored, damaged, modified or painted. 

To support its originality we have the original bill of sale and the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust Certificate issued in Bernard’s name. This XK120 is also featured throughout the book, “Original Jaguar XK, the restorer’s guide” by Philip Porter.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 5:42 a.m.

1937 BMW 328
Owner: Lance White
Proposed Class: Preservation Class
Cincinnati Concours d’Elegance Foundation

Not every car becomes a race winner before it goes into production, but the BMW 328 did just that on June 14, 1936, when motorcycle ace Ernst Henne drove a prototype 928 to a dominant victory at the Nürburgring, winning the 71-mile sport car race by 2 minutes and 27 seconds.

The car shown here: Chassis #85029 is one such survivor, Built on May 21, 1937, it was delivered to the Stockfits and Zonen dealership in Rotterdam and purchased by Piet Nortier, who’d seen the 328 on display at the Berlin auto show. On June 3, 1939 Nortier drove #85029 to 1st place overall at the “Prijs von Zandovoort,” the first road race held at the Netherlands circuit that would later host the Dutch Grand Prix.

Fred Egloff, an author and historian from Wilmette, Illinois, as well as one of the founders of the BMW CCA’s Windy City chapter, Egloff had been looking for a 328 for years. In 1969, he purchased #85029 then partially disassembled, for $2,000. He restored it himself, retaining its competition-spec Alfin brakes and competition cam as well as the wheels that had been drilled for lightness after WWII. Egloff raced #85029 at tracks like Road America, the Algonquin Hillclimb, and Wilmot Hills before selling it to current owners Lance and Diane White in 2010.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 5:43 a.m.

1956 Triumph TR3

Ron Gordon

Monrovia, MD

Preservation Class

My 1956 TR3 was purchased new on May 11, 1956 from the Walter Hagen & Co. GMBH Standard Triumph distributor in Stuttgart, Germany by a US Army officer. The TR was ordered as US spec in BRG with brown leather interior, occasional leather rear seat, overdrive, heater and tonneau cover ($2160). The car was shipped to Washington, DC in Sept 1956 and lovingly cared for by the original owner until being sold to a good friend in the Spring of 1986. Soon after my friend and his family relocated to Colorado Springs with the TR. He realized the TR3 was special and took great pains to preserve its originality. Upon my friend’s untimely passing family graciously decided that I should be the next custodian of the TR. In the summer of 2018 we shipped the TR back to Maryland.

The TR had not been driven in several years and with the help of my sons we set about the goal of getting the TR to the AACA (Antique Automobile Club of America) Show in Hershey, Pennsylvania. We rebuild the brake and clutch hydraulics. The engine was seized but after removing the head it was some minor ‘gunk” in the cylinders. We removed/cleaned/coated the gas tank and rebuilt the carbs and fuel pump. We completed the work two days before Hershey. 

The TR3 still wears the original paint, chrome, interior, carpet, side curtains, top and tool roll The car is numbers matching will the original components and wiring in place

The TR3 achieved a AACA Historic Preservation of Features (HPOF) Award in 2018 and the AACA Original Award in 2019.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 5:45 a.m.

https://youtu.be/EE4FoXabYzQ

1928 Packard Roadster 443

Bill and Bettye Gluth

Kingston Washington

Preservation Class

Packard Club roster has this car as the last unrestored original production 1928 443 Roadster still being family-used. Don Klusman, officer in CCCA many years previous, discovered her in New Jersey, shipped to West Coast. Purchased with 17,000 miles, we’ve added 14,000 miles without trailering in the wine country of central British Columbia and the signature mountains of western Washington. Features: external oil introduction tube to cylinders at time of starting; functional cigar lighter; compressor on transmission PTO; originally laced leather spring covers and rumble seat upholstery; Super 8 385 CID; alternate disc wheels may be seen on film "This Car Matters..." produced while competing at Pebble Beach. 

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 5:50 a.m.

1960 Allard Palm Beach Mark 2

Mark Moskowitz

Gastonia, North Carolina

Preservation Class

My Allard had rested in a Maryland garage since 1986, a victim of a de-toothed flywheel. Original to Allard’s Ray May (Sydney’s designate to found the Allard Owners Club), it had been campaigned in multiple British hillclimb events as part of Team Allard. The chassis has been protected by Ziebart (purposefully not removed) , the seats by clear vinyl. This, the penultimate Allard factory creation, boasts a heater, an XK 140 competition powerplant and a torsion bar front suspension. The bottom end, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, brake system and all suspension bushings have been refurbished. All else on this 12,555 original mile Allard including paint and minor dents has been preserved. First drive: one week ago!

My participation was invited by the Cincinnati Conours.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 5:52 a.m.

Car: 1928 Packard Model 443 Roadster and 1930 Curtiss Aerocar Travel Trailer

Owner: Paul Tacy

Class: Preservation

Glenn Hammond Curtiss (1878 – 1930) was an American aviation and motorcycling pioneer, and a founder of the U.S. aircraft industry.  He made the first officially witnessed flight in North America, won a race at the world's first international air meet in France, and made the first long-distance flight in the United States.  Less well known is Curtiss' role in promoting personal travel and helping to spawn what would eventually become the recreational vehicle industry.  As part of the "Social Distancing -- at a Distance" class at this year's Lime Rock Sunday in the Park Concours, we were excited to present the Tacy Family's 1930 Curtiss Aerocar Camper trailer.  Constructed with a wood frame and wrapped in an oil cloth material, it is the only one known to exist in this configuration.  A true barn find, Tacy's father purchased it in 1982 out of a barn in Albany, where several trees had to be removed before the Aerocar could be extricated.  Presaging the fifth-wheel trailers that are common today, the Aerocar was hooked up to another barn find, a 1928 Packard Model 443 Roadster once owned by John Hawkinson “Hawkeye” that's outfitted with a Curtiss factory-built fifth wheel, similar to a tractor-trailer, located in the rumble seat area.

The Aerocar is 18 feet long with a sleek aero design.  There is small kitchen equipped with a stove, icebox, gravity feed water, sink, and cabinets.  The living area has the ability to be used as a sitting, sleeping and eating area.  The windows crank down for a nice breeze; screens can also be pulled down. There is also a 2-way intercom system allowing the driver to communicate with those in the camping trailer.  The Tacys are multi-generation Packard enthusiasts -- and Packards and Barnfinds are a family affair!

This car and trailer won the "Social Distancing -- at a Distance" class at the 2020 Lime Rock Sunday in the Park Concours.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 6:02 a.m.

Shawn Miller

Indianapolis, IN 

Preservation Class

"Nessie" is so named due to her longest term caretaker recently-Jeff Locke of Virginia, who unfortunately passed away a few years back. Jeff was an auto appraiser and helped form the Colionial Region of the CCCA. Not having a CCCA car, a local  club member sold him the car quite reasonably so he would have one-but it had not run in many years.  The car has a known history back to new having been delivered new to an industrialist in the Rochester NY Area. The car remained there until aquired by Jeff's friends father, who stored it but never worked on it.   After acquiring the car, Jeff had the car restored mechanically but left it as it was cosmetically, other than applying some sealer to keep the remaining paint in place.  Jeff and his wife Pat toured the car pretty extensively, and the car got this nickname-which is short for Lock Ness Monster-due to the massive size of the car and Jeff's last name. Upon Jeffs passing the car was sold to Walter Miller of Syracuse NY who appreciated unrestored cars. Walter passed away last year, and I purchased the car from his estate. I plan on doing nothing to the car other than installing a new set of tires and driving the hell out of it. It runs and drives quite well.         

1935 Lincoln K 7 Passenger Sedan

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uZZfyNu4NcxFPz0gRiJ3iCoHlhSU7egV3kJHi3jUq9lh6GYzRag9MzynFrSA0xVS