mullinspsy
mullinspsy
7/16/16 12:44 p.m.

So, I've been living with an 05 Z4 3.0i for a couple years now. It doesn't get driven much . . . had 17.5k when I bought it, has 22.8k now. 6 speed, and such a lovely, torquey motor. Love this car, BUT . . . it really beats the crap out of me. It has the original 17" wheels and runflat tires. I know this has probably been hashed out on many forums, but any ideas on what to do to make it more enjoyable to drive.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/16 1:47 p.m.

Not sure if they will clear your brakes, but I have a set of perfect five spoke 16" Z3 wheels that I'd be willing to sell. I'll try to get a photo.

Woody
7/16/16 2:13 p.m.

This is the only photo that I have of them. I was planning to remove the tires and put them on Craigslist.

photo IMG_6643_zpsuusmjkx9.jpg

mullinspsy
mullinspsy New Reader
7/16/16 4:36 p.m.

Hmmmm. Pretty cool looking. Not sure if 16 in will clear rotors. I'll check online and call the service people tomorrow. I guess putting 16 in tires that have a little more sidewall might soften it up some.

mullinspsy
mullinspsy New Reader
7/16/16 4:38 p.m.

What size/brand of tires, and how much tread? Also, I guess I should ask how much you want for the wheels.

Woody
7/16/16 6:04 p.m.

There were three different kinds of tires on there and none were very good. Where are you located?

mullinspsy
mullinspsy New Reader
7/17/16 6:34 p.m.

Close to Charleston, WV.

1kris06
1kris06 Reader
7/17/16 6:52 p.m.

I'd bet some non runflat tires with more sidewall would fix most of your issues.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/18/16 12:21 p.m.

+1 on going to some non-runflats.

Another tiring thing on these cars-- I've found that if the toe isn't set as close as possible to on-spec (not just within spec) they can tram line pretty bad.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pkkHt7hV0pmVINrSZn2NFC8OVL3YlYzRyjLGLCJFsCLHlrghpna9sdvQGX3gKk6Y