boxedfox
boxedfox Reader
5/29/19 9:35 p.m.

If you've ever used a concentrated fuel additive or worked with pourable epoxies, you'll know how annoying it is to measure 1 ~ 2 fl oz of anything. It's too little volume for your average measuring cup and it's too much of a hassle to measure in tablespoons. They do sell tiny measuring cups online, but they tend to be flimsy and are surprisingly difficult to find locally.

Fortunately, your local dollar store stocks the perfect alternative. These hard plastic shot glasses make great disposable measuring cups. Just fill them up to the marks etched onto the sides and pour exactly 1 oz of your favorite additive. At 99 cents for a pack of 50, you can't beat the price either.

Just don't drink out of them after you've filled them with fuel stabilizer.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/19 9:50 p.m.

Nice.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/29/19 10:54 p.m.

Great idea!

Syringe bodies work great for this. If you have a friend that works in a hospital, more than one syringe body comes in a kit and they can't be used of once the kit is open because they are no longer sterile or something. You can also get nitrile gloves this way. 

TimothyFarmer
TimothyFarmer
6/3/19 1:10 p.m.

But if you do not need the sterile one only? What will you do with it?

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
6/3/19 1:20 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

Disposable Veterinary syringes (w/ or w/o) needles from TSC, RK. Sucking brake fluid from MC, priming lines and fuel bowls through the bowl vent. Measuring paint, reducer and hardener for an air brush. Endless uses and they are cheap.

boxedfox
boxedfox Reader
6/3/19 2:12 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

That's a great idea. My wife and siblings all work in the medical and pharma industries. I'll have to ask them to bring me some unusable surplus from work.

Brett_Murphy
6/3/19 9:07 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

TSC = Tractor Supply? I didn't know they carried them.

What is RK?

Brett_Murphy
6/3/19 9:08 p.m.
TimothyFarmer said:

But if you do not need the sterile one only? What will you do with it?

Multiple syringe bodies come in a sertile kit. Once the hospital opens the kit, any syringe bodies left over can't be used for medical procedures. That's the way I understand it.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
6/3/19 11:00 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

In reply to fasted58 :

What is RK?

Rural King

or any farm store should carry them

from TSC: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/syringe

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CeUt8BZByobxxAU69uiC5qpAE5S2dilQraXT79iGR5Py2uC4nwsa29IZ1pwKe8J3