pdmracing
pdmracing New Reader
9/9/14 6:08 p.m.

Go to Home Depot or Lowes, Get a Tile Chisel, It has a 4 inch blade and a big orange plastic handle

I use the anvil portion of my vise but you can use a block of wood or any strong flat surface.

On or two sharp blows with a hammer and done. no tape, no hose clamps no waste. Works every time.

Works on all kinds of hose. Sharpen the blade with your bench grinder for faster results. Enjoy

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/9/14 7:20 p.m.

I use a 4" angle grinder with a cutoff wheel. One of these days I'm going to buy a proper hose cutter.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UberDork
9/9/14 7:20 p.m.

Angle grinder and a cutoff wheel.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/14 7:54 p.m.

I carry a pair of these in my fire gear for cutting battery cables at accident scenes. They'll also go through braided hose like it's not there.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
9/9/14 9:29 p.m.

Air powered die grinder and a cutoff wheel works.

pdmracing
pdmracing New Reader
9/10/14 3:15 p.m.

I have used the grinding/cutting wheel in the past, this blows the cutoff wheel method away. No frayed ends, nothing, ready to put hose ends on in seconds.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
9/10/14 3:55 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

Pretty sure that's the correct tool, based on what I've seen when having hydraulic hoses repaired professionally.

bentwrench
bentwrench HalfDork
9/10/14 6:16 p.m.

Wrap the hose with black tape to stabilize the wires. Cut with die-grinder with abrasive cutoff wheel.

The best way is to throw the steel braided hose in the garbage where it belongs.

Anything that crap rubs on gets a hack saw like treatment and when the wires break they stab your hands.

PushLock hose works just fine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XgylTc3QaxR04Au80MOgIRdrOTSd8c5Myd9nBR9WqQVGpz4ZO7mGasW9B8nywPPc