Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/28/14 10:26 a.m.

I have never been able to clean the inside of my windows properly. They always streak, smudge etc and generally look awful. Fancy cleaners, windex, fail, fail, fail. Filled a spray bottle with washer solvent, worked perfect. Why did I never think of this? Right tool for the job i guess.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
8/28/14 6:28 p.m.

I mix my own windex, water, some ammonia, drop or two of dawn.

Martinator
Martinator New Reader
9/4/14 2:06 p.m.

Newspaper seems to be great for cleaning windows with windex.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
9/4/14 3:12 p.m.

if you have aftermarket tint on your windows … don't use anything with ammonia

thewheelman
thewheelman New Reader
9/4/14 4:13 p.m.

I recommend either Spray Away window cleaner, or Stoner Invisible Glass. Both work equally well for me, and are safe for window tint.

As important as the cleaner is the cleaning media - I prefer a satin finish microfiber towel for the interior glass - tinted especially. For exterior, it's either the microfiber towel, or the brown recycled paper c-fold towels at gas pumps - they're surprisingly good at not streaking.

Also, wash the exterior of the window in one direction (up and down, or side to side), and the inside in a perpendicular direction. This will help you locate the streaked side easier.

-Chris

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/4/14 4:28 p.m.

I douche mine with water + vinegar. The trick to not streaking them is park in the shade or do it in the garage. Hot glass streaks something awful.

EvanR
EvanR Dork
10/3/15 2:08 a.m.

Laugh all you want, but Stoner's Invisible Glass works just like the name says.

The0retical
The0retical Dork
10/3/15 3:38 a.m.

I use this stuff on everything plus microfiber cloths that I buy in bulk off Amazon. Works way better than Windex. Not sure if its safe on tint but it does a great job on my windshield and all the house windows.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
10/3/15 7:09 a.m.
thewheelman wrote: Stoner Invisible Glass.
EvanR wrote: Laugh all you want, but Stoner's Invisible Glass works just like the name says.

+3. Nuff said

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
10/3/15 7:38 a.m.

Another vote for Invisible Glass. Hell, we make great glass Cleaner where I work but I still buy Stoner's. It's that good.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
10/3/15 12:01 p.m.

Speak of the devil, just cleaned my truck windows last night.... Stoner's Invisible Glass.

I will hafta try washer solvent tho.

thedanimal
thedanimal New Reader
10/15/15 2:22 p.m.

I'll kick in another vote for Stoners. I also agree use it in shade and while I hate uni-tasker anything, I buy the "glass cleaning" towels from detailers domain or chemical guys, they also work well for cleaning shiny interior trim.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
10/15/15 2:45 p.m.
EvanR wrote: Laugh all you want, but Stoner's Invisible Glass works just like the name says.

Do you mean that the cleaned glass looks invisible to a stoner?

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/15/15 2:49 p.m.

Stoner's.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RoEqO8NbQdJu0Lcxaudld0qVOoMrVmaNf4O825t7NDvNiTTy6QEaSSyr3h2cDP6o