LoveMyPrevia
LoveMyPrevia
3/3/14 1:59 a.m.

I know this is a little off topic, but bear with me. I have a 1991 Toyota Previa LE, and I am having an annoying issue. I just had a new baby, am facing surgery on my rotator cuff (did this while working on said Previa) and I haven't a lot of money. Every time I go to get this damn thing smogged, it fails due to lack of vacuum to the EGR valve. I have replaced the EGR, taken wire and long pipe cleaners to the intake and cleaned IT, checked for a vacuum leak, checked air filter compartment and changed air filter, (I checked it for a rodent's nest as she sat for a while) and checked the hoses. All clear, but STILL no vacuum. I NEED this van, but have a great need of help and/or advice on this issue. Please, if you can offer either, I would greatly appreciate it!

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
3/3/14 2:17 a.m.

This belongs in off topic.

You need to trace the vacuum circuit for the EGR and figure out what isn't working right, follow the line back to the manifold and check everything, the solenoid, whatever operates the solenoid (might be electrical, might be more vacuum crap).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aDZxlQSoNIWo9N5DMcUoJvwCxXYyrOcnLOKqdaFUhaEIqs62nrJz6C97a84GldEf