fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
11/12/14 9:42 p.m.

Man mitts are oven mittens... but for men! Manly men!

Step 1. buy cheap pair of welding gloves.

Step 2. use welding gloves as oven mitts

Step 3. once welding gloves have become too trashed for cooking use (manly men can cook) they magically turn into welding gloves again.

Step 4. Beer

chiodos
chiodos New Reader
11/14/14 9:50 a.m.

Good idea, that way it protects up the forearm. I currently have an oven burn healing on my arm cause these dinky mitts almost reach my wrist. At least I talked ms chiodos into neutral brown mitts and not the pink ones she wanted.

Side note I guess a welders apron would make an awesome cooking apron. Hmmm

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
11/14/14 2:31 p.m.

In reply to chiodos:

good idea!

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/24/14 6:25 p.m.

Hilarious, love it!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/22/14 11:53 p.m.

Just be careful if you get a bit of oil soaked into the finger of the glove. If you then grab something you just welded and have it hit that oily spot, ouch.

Also, if your gloves fall in a puddle and you don't notice and they soak up a bit of water, you're done welding until you can dry them out again.

wae
wae HalfDork
12/22/14 11:58 p.m.

Yeah, I used to keep a pair in the kitchen, a pair with the welder, and a pair with my camping gear. The kitchen pair got sort of shanghaied last month, though, because I found that welding glove are also excellent winter gloves. The insulate well, they go way up your arm to keep cold stuff out, and you can still use your fingers pretty well.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VIvDqgyuJvVKyi1WVW5zQYTVYLZy8vxaFBXyJs6lbektXJh8gn9Av3C4S0PQlTQj