fordescortracer New Reader
7/16/14 8:25 p.m.

I race my 1992 mazda 323 on the local dirt track, and I keep blowing my stock rubber upper strut mounts out. The center area where the strut shaft bolts to is surrounded by rubber, and the rubber keeps tearing out. Here is the upper mount, so you guys know what it looks like.

I was racing the car a couple weeks ago, and it blew out again. This time, the strut dropped down, and the car rolled over violently, bending the frame and a few other things. I'm fixing the car, but I don't want this to keep happening, so I figured I'd build some solid upper plates. They make camber plates for our car, but I don't want to pay so much. Plus, I don't like the idea of an aluminum plate. And I don't need the adjustability.

All I need is an upper mount, so I figured I'd make my own. The thing is, I don't know where to just get the pillow ball and pillow ball housing / mounting flange themselves. I need something that I can either bolt or weld onto a 1/2" steel plate, and can hold up to high loads without coming apart. My strut shaft is 12mm diameter. Does anybody know where I can find something?


Slippery HalfDork
7/16/14 8:38 p.m.

Check here:

Aurora bearing

Our Preferred Partners