QDogg
QDogg New Reader
10/17/14 9:33 p.m.

I don't know ANYTHING about autocross. With that in mind.....I need to tune the suspension on my challenge car for next weekend.

I'd be open to some/any/all suggestions and insight!

Bumboclaat
Bumboclaat HalfDork
10/17/14 9:38 p.m.

Not that I know anything, but what car are we talking about?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
10/17/14 9:42 p.m.

Scour the internets for similarly equipped cars, that should give you a good place to start.

QDogg
QDogg New Reader
10/17/14 10:32 p.m.

I'm going to be running a 1995 Honda Del Sol

When I bought the car (From a HS kid) it already had D2 Racing shocks and Skunk 2 adjustable coil overs. He had it slammed to the ground I'm going to jack it back up. but don't know if my suspension should be still, weak, a combination.

I'll keep searching....

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/14 1:24 p.m.

You might want to stick with that setup, it at least has potential for decent handling and it's already paid for.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
10/20/14 2:18 p.m.

Does the car have any aftermarket parts that allow camber adjustment? If not, I'd spend my money there first (crash bolts maybe?), then do a DIY alignment. Given enough time maybe you could sell/trade them for a better setup, but there is lower hanging fruit in the proper ride height and alignment IMHO.

chiodos
chiodos New Reader
11/14/14 9:53 a.m.

If you have too much understeer and inside wheel spin you can try a couple runs with the front swaybar disconnected. Only takes a minute to disconnect an end link and you only have to unbolt one for it to be effectively removed.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
3/20/15 2:31 p.m.

After you raise it to an appropriate ride height, go race. You will need to race at about 8 or so autocross events to be able to feel small changes you make to the car.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
3/20/15 3:09 p.m.

Raise it up, get an alignment, and don't do anything else except drive it. Go do several autocrosses, then report back with how the car feels, what you did or didn't like about how it handles, and then we can give you tips on what to change.

Toebra
Toebra New Reader
3/21/15 2:35 p.m.

Find out what the alignment and ride height ought to be and make it so.

This will give you more bang for your buck than anything you can do to the car SCCA Starting line

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lx5Hixsax1HtZVAdOkN7xiSi2R7XgeCSRFeD0cHVXHK3s9pVqU14r4y3vrAZCiGq