2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq Reader
11/30/14 9:40 p.m.

just finished this today. an idea done many times before. . I just made a wide version for 2 sets of summer wides and maybe 3 winter sets it would be easy to build this using almost all drop and or dirt cheap materials. only took a few hours total putting it all together.

a basic material list 2- 2"x4"x8' boards 4- 24" pieces of angle iron 1- 8' fence post 3- 3' lengths of chain 10- lag screws 6- threaded hooks 2- small bolts w/nuts

daeman
daeman New Reader
12/15/14 2:39 a.m.

I like this alot, I've been thinking about making something similar for a while. I think I'll be copying yours thanks very much :).

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb HalfDork
12/18/14 12:40 p.m.

3 lags top and 3 lags bottom? Seems like a lot of weight, are your studs 16 or 24 apart?

I'm asking because I Love the simple design ... and totally need to copy at my new house!

84FSP
84FSP Reader
1/6/15 9:37 a.m.

Is that a particle board blast cabinet I see? Need more info on how it works! More pics please! What did you do for de-dusting and gloves?

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq Reader
2/4/15 10:02 a.m.

sorry for the late reply, kinda forgot about this thread.

yes only 3 lag bolts per but they are plenty deep in the studs and seem to be holding both sets just fine for the last couple months. no problems there. cant remember how wide my studs were.

as far as the blast cabinet goes, a friend of mine loaned me a set of build instructions from a company called TP tools. that made it easy to build and I was able to order the remaining pieces I needed thru them for cheap. stuff like the suction tube and the gun as well as the gloves and gromets. I highly recommend checking out TP tools, they have all kinds of good stuff for the DIY'er

racer_tom
racer_tom None
7/9/15 3:01 p.m.

How did you connect the fence post to the angle iron? It's hard to see in the photos.

gohero
gohero New Reader
7/22/15 9:30 p.m.

Not bad. Great idea, but can those chains be adjusted depending on the size of the wheels?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kmIxe2Nfb0BlcZLze6PBdjnmHzFhK1KIooaf4Vkbrt97PHcrVc3c4Wd2QMRqX6w4