DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP New Reader
1/25/16 10:47 a.m.

So I have a strange problem I am wanting to attempt to resolve.

When I put my car away for winter storage I due the usual 'rodent proofing' with a bar of Irish spring on the floor of the back seat and a bar in the trunk, never had an issue with mice inside the vehicle.

Now the issue I am having is my exhaust tips. The are slightly upswept and mice tend to store food in my rear muffler, is there anything I can do to keep them out of there? I start my car on nicer days and when it gets to temp I will rev up the exhaust to force anything out and I have never actually seen mice in the exhaust and the car runs fine but there is usually stuffing from something and seeds / nuts just inside the exhaust.

I really want to keep them out so they don't make a home in there and possibly blocking the exhaust completely resulting in mechanical problems.

Any ideas?

Enyar
Enyar Dork
1/25/16 11:18 a.m.

I've heard that these thing shoved in the exhaust pipes work well:

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/stainless-steel-standard-weight-scouring-pads-12-pack/579434.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KEQiArJe1BRDe_uz1uu-QjvYBEiQACUj6oncVtgHmLnyBpnYscTIj-u--LgLgC6n5_ysgtCB58MwaAk7z8P8HAQ

java230
java230 HalfDork
1/25/16 11:25 a.m.

That's what I was going to say. Pot Scrubber up the pipe.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP New Reader
1/25/16 3:17 p.m.

Thanks! I will need to check at Walmart on pay day!!

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
1/25/16 5:43 p.m.
java230 wrote: That's what I was going to say. Pot Scrubber up the pipe.

Phrasing!

jere
jere HalfDork
1/26/16 9:13 a.m.
DjGreggieP wrote: Thanks! I will need to check at Walmart on pay day!!

While you are there get a 5gal bucket, some peanut butter, antifreeze, piture frame wire, if you dont already have those. Make a bucket trap, or a few put them around the car.

The irish spring is a mouse repellant myth. google search Moused chewed irish spring scroll down for what a bucket trap is

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XMMpy7gxt2rC4NGxqCpgsbnUaz5PjpV6lz2NBbvS7ipy5wbAnFKt9jnRNDa4ML6c