ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
1/21/19 12:25 a.m.

The wife unit is attending a horsey event in Vancouver, WA and I'm tagging along.

She will be doing her horsey stuff and I will be doing anything to avoid it.

I love Portland and plan on seeing some more of it but I was wondering if any of you guys wanted to meet up for a beer and whatnot on Saturday evening? Thinking about The Alibi since the Mrs and I love the place.

I'll be there March 1st, 2nd and 3rd but the 2nd is really the most open day I have.

Let me know.

Shawn

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/19 1:00 a.m.

March 2nd is the first ORSCCA autocross of the season and it's at Portland International Raceway. I'll be there in Project Porsche for it's first SCCA event. Beers after than autocross #2 is the following day. I'm certain we could catch you a co-drive in something...

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/21/19 1:35 a.m.

I love the Alibi too. Have you been there since they changed owners?

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
1/21/19 9:11 a.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

Yes, we were there just after. 

It seemed like they cleaned the place up. Not in a "getting rid of the clients" way but I mean physically cleaning it.

Has it changed now?

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
1/21/19 10:06 a.m.

Coincidentally, the Salem Flat Track calendar has "Horseshow" listed for that weekend, so I should be free.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/21/19 11:37 a.m.
ShawnG said:

It seemed like they cleaned the place up. Not in a "getting rid of the clients" way but I mean physically cleaning it.

Has it changed now?

Nope! They do have a karaoke brunch now though. That's the biggest change I've seen.

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
1/21/19 12:15 p.m.

Cool. 

I'm going to be busy with my own stuff during the day but up for food, drinks and B.S. in the evening for sure. 

Appreciate the co-drive offer Javelin but I'm going to have to pass, thanks very much anyway!

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/19 12:36 p.m.

That’s my Wedding Anniversary weekend, so I suspect I’ll be busy.  :) 

If I have some time though, I’ll try to make it out for beers and grub.  I’ll keep an eye on this thread to see what gets planned as we get closer to the date.

Javelin
1/21/19 12:52 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:
ShawnG said:

Has it changed now?

Nope! They do have a karaoke brunch now though. That's the biggest change I've seen.

And you need to have some talent to get on the mic! The last karaoke I went to there was better than half the concerts I've seen. Good times!

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
1/21/19 1:43 p.m.

If I ever do Karaoke, I'll be doing "Tequila"

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
2/21/19 11:14 p.m.

1 week away.

Look like we will be at the Alibi on Saturday night at 7pm if anyone wants to join us.

Shawn

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/21/19 11:22 p.m.

Hrmm...interesting! I work and close that day, and it is the start of our annual sale, but I will try to swing by....just might not be there right at 7! 

Javelin
2/21/19 11:25 p.m.
ShawnG said:

1 week away.

Look like we will be at the Alibi on Saturday night at 7pm if anyone wants to join us.

Shawn

I'll try and drag as many AX'ers there as possible!

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
2/28/19 10:44 p.m.

Alright, heading out in the morning so I'll be away from the forum.

See you guys there, look for the 40-something guy with a ponytail. My wife has red and blue hair.

If you need to get in touch, my e-mail works, just pm me on here.

Javelin
2/28/19 10:58 p.m.
ShawnG said:

Alright, heading out in the morning so I'll be away from the forum.

See you guys there, look for the 40-something guy with a ponytail. My wife has red and blue hair.

If you need to get in touch, my e-mail works, just pm me on here.

Awesome! I've got a beard like every other hipster but my co-driver has red hair. We'll be wearing stupid Blipshift shirts, too.

Javelin
3/2/19 8:27 p.m.

Heading over now!

Javelin
3/2/19 8:51 p.m.

Here. Grabbing a table. I have a bright red autocross jacket on.

Javelin
3/2/19 10:45 p.m.

Just Shawn and I (and SWMBOs)?

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/2/19 11:53 p.m.

Didn't see this 'til now... D'oh. Hope you've had a good visit!

Stefan
3/3/19 1:12 a.m.
Javelin said:

I was out celebrating 7 years of marriage and it was a short night out since we have two babies to take care of at home.

i hope everyone had a blast though!

Next time!

Javelin
3/3/19 7:56 p.m.
Stefan said:
Javelin said:

I was out celebrating 7 years of marriage and it was a short night out since we have two babies to take care of at home.

Next time!

You missed the part where Shawn mud-wrestled with a grizzly bear while singing "Losing my Religion", and that was only the second best part of the night!

Stefan
3/3/19 8:39 p.m.
Javelin said:
Stefan said:
Javelin said:

Next time!

You missed the part where Shawn mud-wrestled with a grizzly bear while singing "Losing my Religion", and that was only the second best part of the night!

Sounds like the Alibi that I know.... :)

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
3/4/19 12:09 a.m.
Javelin said:
Stefan said:
Javelin said:

Next time!

Lol...

In Canada we call that "Tuesday night".

Thanks for a good time guys. As per your suggestion, we checked out Vancouver, WA a bit and found a quiet little place called "Underbar".

They're trying really hard to be a speakeasy / traditional cocktail lounge but they're not there yet. Some better decor, dim the lights, bring in a piano and they'll be set.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VzMdgxHOYlzO1QTsWJhtPfPfymG1bdKXHW3Xwx21wPAScvrSuqefmXjUaxsqQ5Qc