1 2
java230
java230 UltraDork
9/14/18 1:13 p.m.

Fantastic! Cant wait for the report.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
9/14/18 3:29 p.m.

So, how comfortable are the sleeping quarters? Anything go bump in the night?

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
9/14/18 5:33 p.m.
java230 said:

Fantastic! Cant wait for the report.

The fact that you're excited to read about my trip is awesome.  I love reading about your adventures and your truck is pretty much my dream vacation vehicle.

We were able to grab temp tags, I'll get a pic when we get back from dinner, I pulled all the pics off my phone since I can't control myself with pictures of the mountains. 

I might need to make a go fund me to get this beast back to Ohio.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
9/14/18 5:35 p.m.
TRoglodyte said:

So, how comfortable are the sleeping quarters? Anything go bump in the night?

It's extremely comfortable back there, only drawback (for swmbos) was lack of a bathroom.  

java230
java230 UltraDork
9/14/18 9:08 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

I'm just happy you read my thread too! :) mountain pics (and adventures) FTW 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
9/15/18 12:41 a.m.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
9/15/18 12:49 a.m.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
9/15/18 12:57 a.m.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
9/16/18 12:11 a.m.

And we're back in civilization with cell service!  Nebraska is a wide state.

Unfortunately we're heading home, but the hearse seemed too fuel efficient and we thought we should have our own space for the ride home. 

Please welcome to the stage, big Ronda!

We bought Colorado Bob's big block square body suburban.  Now I have to justify owning this thing.  Gotta find a trailer big enough for the hearse.  I really wish I would have jumped on Patrick's trailer, but SWMBO didn't understand why I'd buy a trailer bigger than the truck I had to tow it with.  I showed her.

SWMBO refused to let me drive her and has already claimed her as her own.  "I'd drive this thing to work if I could afford the gas, this things great!"

Bed time soon, we'll probably be in a hotel tomorrow night so I might be able to type up a real update.  

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/18 8:46 a.m.

We probably still have a few squarebody parts left.  

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/16/18 4:45 p.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
9/29/18 8:47 a.m.

Bump. You've left us all hanging.  How'd the trip end up?

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
9/29/18 11:05 a.m.

I actually just typed up the next couple days on the computer this morning.  We have no home internet so I need to figure out how to get it on my phone and I'll post it this afternoon.  Currently working on getting heat in the s10.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
9/29/18 11:15 a.m.

Cool.

Looking forward to hearing "the rest of the story"

(Remember Paul Harvey?)

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
9/29/18 11:46 a.m.

My boss at my college job asked me on day two if I liked Paul Harvey. I said "yea" because I don't dislike Paul Harvey. 

I was expected to be in his office any time Paul Harvey was on.  He'd come find me if I tried to avoid the office during"Paul Harvey time".  He was a nice guy but it drove me crazy.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
9/29/18 12:02 p.m.

It took me a minute to remember where I was as I woke up Saturday.  SWMBO was still sleeping so I laid there and relaxed.  The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept like a rock.  Definitely more comfortable than an air bed in a tent.

I moved around enough to wake up SWMBO as I had to hit the bathroom.  They had some cool pac-man graphics inside.

Stopped to get some gas somewhere on the south side of Des Moines and saw these guys filling up.  

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
9/29/18 12:27 p.m.

SWMBO grabbed coffee at the gas station and said she was ok for breakfast for a while.

We got maybe an hour outside of Des Moines before I was starving so we hit a rest stop and grilled some egg and pulled pork burritos.  

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
9/29/18 12:33 p.m.

Messy but amazing.  Held us over through all of Nebraska and Eastern Colorado.  Got to fort Collins around 4 or 5 and started enjoying my buddies growlers of local beers.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X5mvgiCe2bc31vd13d1lxpbK2sBTEqVUbdSYJi6E7IE6xhdsR0eL1uBfkLVyC9OJ