1 2
FooBag
FooBag GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/4/19 10:09 a.m.

July 5th dawned and this was the view when we unzipped our tent door.  You couldn't ask for a better view to get you motivated in the morning.

We spent a few hours hiking around Devils Tower and along the Belle Fourche River.  It is such a unique rock formation that we spent more time that we should exploring the area.  The little museum at Devils tower was definitely worth some time as well.  Here's a couple of my better photos.  Keep in mind that photos really don't capture this place well.  It is FAR more impressive in person.

We finally got back on the road home in late morning.  It was another grueling day of travel as we had to cover 840 miles. frown  The only tourist stop we made was at a rest area on I90 in Chamberlain, SD, where a large statue, named Dignity, of a Native American woman sits on a bluff overlooking the Missouri River.  Somehow, I don't have any photos of this so I'm borrowing this one.

We finally made it just before midnight , having traveled a complete distance of 3977 miles.  Overall, it was a fabulous trip and we talk about doing similar cross country camping trips regularly.

Hope you all enjoyed living vicariously!  If you have questions about anything I mentioned, feel free to hit me up.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/4/19 10:30 a.m.

Thanks for the updates. We lived in Idaho for 3 years, and seeing some of those pictures makes me miss it a bit.

llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
3/4/19 11:47 a.m.

Thanks for the updates, helluva trip. Devil's Tower is so cool, we were there in '99. Climbing it would be fun, I think, but getting permits is hard. I'll have to remember the fireworks show for next time.

Amazing trip and great write-up and pictures. 1700 miles in the last two days is pretty epic. Hope you made your flight? 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tlDZ9KRQqfldq2G8zgcwBie5CtksbAf39Pa0ZFYjbxUvDLqlQZeamNtyHgJReUl3