Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
5/3/19 9:46 a.m.

It's IMSA weekend at mid Ohio, and it's been raining for the last week.  This place is a swamp.  They have all the RVs parked on the exit road and the campground is full of stuck campers.  

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
5/3/19 9:50 a.m.

After finding it too wet to park on the outside of the carousel I found the highest parking spot available.  And proceeded to get stuck immediately.  This is the good side.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
5/3/19 10:26 a.m.

There were racecars nearby so I threw on my boots, grabbed a poncho, beer, and cookie, and booked it.  Breakfast of champions.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
5/3/19 11:14 a.m.

High aero cars are sweet to watch in the rain.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
5/3/19 2:24 p.m.
Dead_Sled said:

High aero cars are sweet to watch in the rain.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/6/19 1:42 p.m.

My kids and I were there Sunday, what a soppy mess but it was still a fun day.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
5/7/19 8:33 a.m.

Saturday was the most miserable I've felt in a long while. Sunday when the sun came out was glorious. We "camped" (slept in car) on a hill in the camping area and luckily had no problems getting out, despite the mud.

Still an awesome set of races to watch. We were down by turn 5 most of both days and probably saw half the Porsches that went off, they were right in front of us.

Thunder valley was an awesome place to be, standing on the bridge when cars drove by (that you can't see) was an awesome rush. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
5/7/19 9:38 a.m.

Mid-Ohio is not an easy track in the wet. Even with traction control on I had some good slides there. You pretty much have to stay off the racing line to get any traction at all.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/7/19 2:43 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets :

My son brought a friend that had never been to a race before and the first thing Tyler (my son) asked was to take his friend on the bridge.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kCacLkSHmACmoaso64qcm1UntTIporZxCvLhsKiTPFK4pLr9ooST3Tqwip3AKSJR