tymal77
tymal77
8/12/19 9:46 a.m.

I mean no offense by this, I think max is an incredible drivers, ond of the best on the grid. However, the amount of support max gets is next level. Drivers like Hamilton are amazing drivers but theres a lot of people that dont like him. I honestly dont know why max has such a massive following?

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/12/19 10:04 a.m.

He is thoroughly dislikeable, but then many talented people are, and people still seem to gravitate toward them. And the more success he sees, the more people will fawn over him and the worse he will treat people. 

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/12/19 10:10 a.m.

He's popular? Most folks I know respect the talent but don't care for the person.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/19 2:29 p.m.

Because Bernie pushed him HARD as the next Jesus. Seriously, the amount of official media coverage was ridiculous when he joined. And people responded. 

Although if Sabre Cook dated him for a while, he’s not an shiny happy person all the time. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/14/19 3:12 p.m.

Can't tell if some type of bot....

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
8/14/19 4:08 p.m.

I no longer follow professional sports and I am aware of his existence only by name recognition.  

I remember reading articles about Jos Verstappen coming up through the junior ranks and thought he was pretty cool as far as any 'West German' can be cool.

Shame he didn't make it in the big league as he seemed to be well liked with great raw talent as a youngster.

F1.  Oof.  At least the dislikability of Mansell/Senna/Prost involved some real ding-dong battles on the track.  indecision

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/19 4:20 p.m.

Max who? Never heard of him. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/14/19 5:46 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:

Can't tell if some type of bot....

Definitely af least two. 

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
8/14/19 6:03 p.m.

I initially cheered for Max because I'm a Red Bull fan.  
Then started liking him more as I got to see him mature as a driver.  

Kid has come a long way and he's still young.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/14/19 6:43 p.m.
TokiyoRio said:

i agree!! with you!!!

{reverse canoe lookup}

Definite canoe material. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gixTpE0pAD2Kg3An0aFpEEL5teBhxjoTOKr0uzJTzLUcMnAWxRzVTFgWlLl8gbrh