1 2 3 4
sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
10/8/17 9:57 p.m.

Wow, I can't believe fall is done there.  Still in the 80's here, a few leaves starting to change.  Peak here is probably November, haha.

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
10/9/17 12:06 p.m.
sethmeister4 said:

Wow, I can't believe fall is done there.  Still in the 80's here, a few leaves starting to change.  Peak here is probably November, haha.

Yeah that's what I was used to as a kid but the seasons take some adjusting to get used to here. What you think of as Spring and Fall are both just a few weeks long. By Halloween, whatever snow on the ground is usually staying until late April. At this point, since summer is over I am ready for it just to be December so I can go skiing.

java230
java230 SuperDork
10/9/17 8:53 p.m.

So pretty! Can't wait for snow 

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
11/23/17 12:36 p.m.

I said I wasn't going to do another winter on mud terrains so last summer I bought a set of zero mile Hankook studs. 235/75/15s.

Holy crap, with the lift these are going to look tiny.

Like really really tiny!

Whose truck is this? I don't even recognize it with these baby meats on it. Ha!

So I have driven it for a month in the snow now and I love it. Though it looks goofy , in 4wd it can take on any icy road and steep hills. Given that we go skiing a lot, it was always pretty silly that my wife's Prius on studs was way better at getting to the top of the mountain on the paved roads than the Cruiser on 35s. This changes that and now that we have the actual space in the back to put all of our stuff to ski, we have been doing it more.

The engine is still just burning too much oil. My wife can walk to work so Ive been taking her car in the meantime most days for my commute and saving the Cruiser for the weekends. I'm focusing on getting the new motor put together and hopefully swapped in for 2018.

Happy Thanksgiving GRM!

maschinenbau
maschinenbau Dork
11/29/17 9:06 a.m.

As a fellow displaced Atlantan, I'm loving the license plate.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
11/29/17 10:57 a.m.

Man you guys are living the dream. Please keep updating this thread, even if you aren't working on the truck. If I ever decide to move out of Georgia, making the leap to somewhere really, really different like that would be cool.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
11/29/17 1:36 p.m.

Does it get better than that photo right there?  No, no it doesn't.  

1 2 3 4
Birthdays
Our Preferred Partners
LezGAVo5C3Rl51FRQPNwcHyjEjvngxoI