bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/16/17 4:58 p.m.

I have had 8 glasses. Three wineries to go. I did not know this was a thing but I see more in my future if I survive this one. 

eastpark
eastpark Reader
9/16/17 5:05 p.m.

Oh yeah! I've been on a few tours. They're quite awesome IMHO. 

Have fun!

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
9/16/17 8:29 p.m.

If you want to a) survive and b) recall the experience, pacing is everything. Pours vary; just because they poured a lot of wine in the glass doesn't mean you have to drink it, and you shouldn't unless you really like it. Hopefully they're feeding you something more than palate-cleansing crackers and have ample water supplies available.

My father imports wine commercially. I've been through countless wine marathons at vineyards and in restaurants and survived (mostly).

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/16/17 9:09 p.m.

I drank everything they gave me. I am polite that way. 

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
9/17/17 12:07 p.m.
bearmtnmartin said:

I drank everything they gave me. I am polite that way. 

You see it as being polite. The winery folks see you as an amateur. cheeky

Gary
Gary SuperDork
9/21/17 11:43 a.m.

So, now five days later ... will you do it again? Hopefully the answer is yes. Wine tastings are a lot of fun. (Appreciated more if there is a DD or if you're on a tour bus full of like-minded folks and a sober driver). These days Annie and I drive to one of the many wineries here in SoNE, buy a bottle of our favorite, and enjoy it in the vineyard. We've done enough tastings at all the local wineries to know what we like.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
10/6/17 10:05 p.m.

" If anyone orders Merlot I'm leaving.  I am not drinking any berkeleying Merlot. " devil

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
10/6/17 10:19 p.m.
bearmtnmartin said:

I drank everything they gave me. I am polite that way.  Well

Well played, free wine is better than know wine, carry on.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HP64LEzh30WRF0iYqbVJMSptjE4esUvtFMpx5YMi5MQlLk8eK3T7aisNKlvVa6OZ