Klouczech New Reader
Jan. 4, 2017 8:51 a.m.

Hello,

I started to race in KARTCROSS division this year and here is my video from the first race:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/CBIe2lp8WhU

nderwater UltimaDork
Jan. 4, 2017 9:04 a.m.

Hello Petr -- Kartcross looks like amazing fun, but does not exist in the USA. Please share some details about your kart and about the racing series you participate in! Did you buy it with the Honda CBR600RR engine, or is the chassis a kit that you built or modified yourself?

dculberson PowerDork
Jan. 4, 2017 9:09 a.m.

That looks AMAZING. We have nothing like it here in the us that I know of. What does it cost to get started driving in kartcross? What are entry fees like for a race?

Klouczech New Reader
Jan. 6, 2017 6:31 a.m.
Klouczech wrote: Hello, I started to race in KARTCROSS division this year and here is my video from the first race: https://www.youtube.com/embed/CBIe2lp8WhU
nderwater wrote: Hello Petr -- Kartcross looks like amazing fun, but does not exist in the USA. Please share some details about your kart and about the racing series you participate in! Did you buy it with the Honda CBR600RR engine, or is the chassis a kit that you built or modified yourself?

It is a Czech Kartcross Championship. Every Kart must be from RSK company, which is the prudcer and also the promoter of championship. Every car must have same parts (chassis, tires, fuel, wheels,...) except the engine (you can put in stock 600cc 4 cylinder engine - Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, ...) and the driver. Minimum weight is 325Kg. Brand new kartcross is for 18 000 USD and used for about 10 000 USD. I bought used and old one, but my father is a good mechanic.

dculberson wrote: That looks AMAZING. We have nothing like it here in the us that I know of. What does it cost to get started driving in kartcross? What are entry fees like for a race?

If you have the Kartcross, National license, FIA approved suit you can pay entry fee 1000 USD and race in official Czech championship race ;) You can also participate in amateur races, which are cheaper, or go Hillclimbing or slalom...

sachilles UltraDork
Jan. 11, 2017 1:38 p.m.

There is currently an importer in the US, but no organized series racing them. Popular in Scandinavia. I have friend in Sweden that does this with his son driving. He said buy in for a good used kart is $10-$14k US. Then of course you can spend more. Different levels for different age groups, with different engine options.

pinchvalve MegaDork
Jan. 11, 2017 1:44 p.m.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Lof8 HalfDork
Jan. 11, 2017 1:48 p.m.

yes, this is awesome!

Klouczech New Reader
Jan. 12, 2017 1:09 a.m.

Not every race is awesome. In Czech we do more offroad tracks than in Scandinavia (not good for me).

The second race was full of potholes, mud and bad luck.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0xyqmmvvGYY

petegossett UltimaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 5:42 a.m.

Did you hit a bump, or the wall, causing you to spin out in round 1?

Klouczech New Reader
Jan. 13, 2017 2:41 a.m.
Klouczech wrote: Not every race is awesome. In Czech we do more offroad tracks than in Scandinavia (not good for me). The second race was full of potholes, mud and bad luck. https://www.youtube.com/embed/0xyqmmvvGYY
petegossett wrote: Did you hit a bump, or the wall, causing you to spin out in round 1?

I hit a hole there. It was my first time on this track and I did many mistakes ;)

fasted58 UltimaDork
Jan. 13, 2017 8:49 a.m.

that's awesome

the US needs this, surprised it hasn't happened yet

jr02518
jr02518 Reader
Jan. 13, 2017 9:29 a.m.

http://crosskartsusa.com/

The first time these things showed up in tech inspection I had the pleasure of poking around and trying to figure what class we could have them run in. The default was AM.

The Cal Club region is a magnet for the unusual, just a normal weekend of autocrossing. And, these thing are quick. But drifting is slow.

www.solo2.com

David

Klouczech New Reader
Jan. 17, 2017 4:03 a.m.

We can have only 600cc engines. 750cc or 1000cc should be great!

My first podium with Kartcross buggy!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0JMTuwQ8VcA

petegossett UltimaDork
Jan. 17, 2017 1:14 p.m.

Awesome, congratulations!

Daisy New Reader
Jan. 19, 2017 2:58 p.m.

Wow! That's cool and extreme!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Win Some Konig Wheels at the Tire Rack Ultimate Track Car Challenge

5 hours ago in News

Signing up for the UTCC has never been so easy.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Ultimate Sliding Machine

21 hours ago in News

Who says you need to do a crazy build to have a fun car?

Meet Us at the Rolex 24

1 day ago in News

We'll be hosting our annual get-together again on the banks of Lake Lloyd.

What Do You Get When You Cross a Modern Honda and a Vintage BMW?

4 days ago in News

Find out in the next issue of Grassroots Motorsports.

2017 Nissan Armada Platinum

4 days ago in New Car Reviews

The Nissan Armada is the brand's largest non-commercial vehicle and is a direct competitor to Chevy's Suburban and Ford's Expedition. ...

Tech Tips: 2015+ Ford Mustang

4 days ago in Articles

How to make it your way.

Speciality Insurance for Our Special M3?

5 days ago in Project Cars

Can you save 15% or more with Hagerty?

First Drive: 2017 Subaru BRZ Performance Package

6 days ago in Articles

We’ve heard it before: The Subaru BRZ doesn’t make enough horsepower.

10 Cars to Buy Now

6 days ago in News

Hagerty recently announced the top 10 classic cars to buy in 2017.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Cone-Killing Camaro

1 week ago in News

This one's a work in progress, but we can't wait to see the finished product.

Get Our Magazine in Print and Digital for just $17.99

1 week ago in News

Now is a great time to renew or start subscribing to our magazine.

Treading on Thick Ice

1 week ago in News

How do you improve your car control in the racing off season?

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
3x1TILgAplgQ9auQMqZ8TNS6ZgWx1RHB