$2000 Challenge Field Swells to Nearly 60 Entrants

You're absolutely missing out if you're not planning on being at the $2000 Challenge presented by CRC Industries on October 25-26. Whether you're tempted by the drag racing, the autocrossing, the concours, the food (oh the food!), the valve cover racing or the general levels of tomfoolery, this year promises to be bigger than ever! How, you ask? Simple: We've registered nearly 60 competitors already, and with a month left, there's still plenty of time to build a car and register.

And if you're worried about the competition being both tough and seriously cool well, you should be. Just look at what forum member Patrick is bringing to the $2000 Challenge: A gasser Wartburg 311:

While forum member AngryCorvair is building a Corvair/Corvette mashup dubbed "Monzora":

Not to be outdone, maschinenbau is bringing back the Datsaniti, a Datsun 210 wagon grafted onto an Infiniti G35:

And it wouldn't be the $2000 Challange without a Miata, this one owned by Dusterbd13-michael, who's taken forum readers on a 61-page odyssey spanning two years!:

Not only can you take home trophies by Copart and White Pony Absorbent Products, but the the first place winner in the concours wins a CRC SmartWasher BenchtopPRO®. The grand prize for first overall? They take home a Millermatic® 211 MIG Welder

And yes, valve cover racing, a yearly tradition at the $2000 Challenge, will be back and better than ever with a new and improved track donated by the estate of Mark Lasota, a man who embodied the best parts of the $2000 Challenge. The winner gets recognition and an amazing trophy. There's no minimum age, no registration, no fee–just bring your valve cover racer and have fun.

Don't have a car but want to spectate? No problem! Spectators have nearly unrestricted access at the event's goings on, but if you want to join us for the trackside dinner, awards banquet or get in on our now-softer Challenge T-shirts, registration on our page is simple.

Any questions? Check out our Challenge site, which lists any resource you might need. Oh but be warned, habitual procrastinators, the registration fee jumps up in price on October 7

The $2000 Challenge presented by CRC Industries, in association with Miller with trophies by Copart and White Pony Absorbent Products.

Join Free Join our community to easily find more $2000 Challenge news.
Comments
dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/4/19 7:45 p.m.

Oh man. I just made an offer on a challenge car today.  Hope they accept the offer.

German.  Yes

Forced induction from the factory?  Yes but half of it is missing.

An interior that is a bio hazard?  Absolutely!!!  Why it is at half challenge price.  The steering wheel that should be black was green and furry.

Ran when parked?  Owner does not remember as it was 10 years ago.

What could go wrong. Lol.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/4/19 7:48 p.m.

Unfortunately I am not able to finish the Wartburg in time (as my updated registration shows) but I am bringing something equally German with just as many cylinders

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/4/19 7:56 p.m.

Heh. The miata. I get to be the token again!

Really looking forward to this. Gonna be FUN.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/4/19 8:04 p.m.

Well, I guess I better officially register.  I've procrastinated long enough.

adam525i
adam525i Reader
10/4/19 8:13 p.m.

That's nearly $100,000 worth of cars!

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
10/4/19 8:38 p.m.
Patrick said:

You're killing me, smalls. It better be a Mercedes (that you sell to me)

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/4/19 8:41 p.m.

In reply to Jordan Rimpela :

Not just any mercedes, but a parking lot build.

We got slammed with work at exactly the wrong time and weeks of getting home at 9 don’t lend themselves to garage time.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
10/4/19 9:21 p.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to Jordan Rimpela :

Not just any mercedes, but a parking lot build.

Mother of god. I need those wheels.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/5/19 6:56 a.m.

In reply to Jordan Rimpela :

Stand at the starting line with a bottle of nitrous and you might be able to make it so he no longer needs them.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/5/19 9:09 a.m.

Is there a rule that said the whole car has to cross the finish line in the drags?  Or is it just that part of it has to get to the finish line?

(Asking for a friend). Ya that is it. My friend wants to know this. laugh

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS Dork
10/5/19 3:44 p.m.

I entered, but had to sell car due to time space issues, and thanks to work I won’t even be in the country.  Can I pass on my entry or roll it over?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/5/19 3:51 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS :

You should be able to email and ask that your fees be rolled forward to next year

bigben
bigben Reader
10/6/19 1:01 a.m.

The SR powered Opel (with a medley of parts from other makes) will be making another appearance this year. I had planned to have it all sorted out and dialed in, but it hasn't made it out of the garage since last September. . .

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/6/19 7:45 a.m.
bigben said:

once again there will be at least 2 sets of tires and 2 engines supplied by me that arent attached to my car competing.  GET YOUR CHALLENGE CRACK HERE, CHEAP CHALLENGE CRACK!

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS Dork
10/12/19 12:46 a.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to AnthonyGS :

Tom more than exceeded my wildest expectations.  The staff of GRM is exceptional in caring about members and subscribers more than profit.

p1P1QkYFeku6bAN8nHLsc8XZXbAPhjVcOolVbuqcP8gAQCVcNSVSL4hcs05n1SyB