25 Brave Souls Have Entered the $2000 Challenge Presented by CRC Industries and eBay Motors. Will You Be Number 26?

It's almost October, and you know what that means, right?

No, not Halloween. We're talking about our annual budget performance challenge, the Grassroots Motorsports $2000 Challenge presented by CRC Industries and eBay Motors, that takes place at Gainesville Raceway in Gainesville, Florida, October 23-24.

The rules are simple: Spend no more than $2000 to prepare a car for the event. Building a competitive machine that excels in all three competition categories—autocrossing, drag racing and concours—can be particularly difficult. Just ask any challenger over on the $2000 Challenge Forum.

So far we have 25 contenders lined up to prove that they've built the fastest machine on four wheels for less than $2000. Think you have  shot at budget glory? There's still time to register.

For more information about the 2020 Grassroots Motorsports $2000 Challenge presented by CRC Industries and eBay Motors, including COVID-19 guidelines for this year's competition, visit 2000challenge.com.

The Grassroots Motorsports $2000 Challenge is presented by CRC Industries and eBay Motors, with additional prizes from Moroso, Holley Terminator X and ThermApparel.

Join Free Join our community to easily find more $2000 Challenge news.
Comments
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter)
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/28/20 1:15 p.m.

I wish I was just a few miles closer to become #26

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/28/20 1:46 p.m.
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) said:

I wish I was just a few miles closer to become #26

If you wanna buy a plane ticket (and brave the airports right now) our team could use another driver...

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
9/28/20 2:49 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) said:

I wish I was just a few miles closer to become #26

rcutclif

I would, but I'm not allowed

sad

here's hoping for 2021

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/28/20 3:06 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

Time for an RV rental and a long drive!

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/28/20 4:03 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Across the ocean?  He's gonna need the RV from Spaceballs

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
9/28/20 5:20 p.m.

I'm so on the fence about it.   I was hoping to have the Fiero ready but it clearly won't be.   I can bring the Zoomboni under "legacy/grandfather" rules, yes?   It's a 12 hour haul towing a trailer.....but I suppose if other teams need a driver... ugh decisions.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
9/28/20 6:17 p.m.

Even without COVID, none of my cars are ready. I could bring the Probe again, but that's boring unless I improve it from last year, which I haven't done. In fact it's worse now. I don't trust it to make the 20-hour drive down to be honest.

The Escort needs a whole lot of work and even next year is optimistic given my glacial pace.

If I can get the Focus running, it might still be in budget by next year. Depends on what I do to it. Stupid hard-to-reach alternator.

Honestly I can't even afford hotel and entry fees this year lol. 2020 sucks.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/28/20 6:29 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) said:

I haven't kept up with that build (sorry) but if it doesn't meet the current rules it's absolutely welcome to come run for exhibition.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
9/29/20 1:37 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Across the ocean?  He's gonna need the RV from Spaceballs

I'm a Buffalo...  not a Mog.  Very different.  cheeky

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
9/29/20 4:27 p.m.

I was thinking this year, but at this point it the money thing and i have not been working my butt off this past  month the get the money to come down with a very stock subby again...next year to have soe time to fix and bring something more fun then bone stock I hope.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/29/20 6:17 p.m.
slowbird said:

Honestly I can't even afford hotel and entry fees this year lol. 2020 sucks.

Haul the Escort to Holly, MI some weekend, we’ll put it on the lift and transmission swap from my LX-E parts car, win!

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/29/20 6:27 p.m.

Last fall I decided this was the year. I had a car all lined up to build and everything.

But this happened a few weeks ago.

Can’t complain wink

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
9/30/20 4:10 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

But this happened a few weeks ago.

Can’t complain wink

Congratulations!

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/30/20 8:04 p.m.

Coincidence that this is my first year attending?  Are you all so afraid of my impending mediocrity?  I will dominate with my average skills and perfunctory ambition.

Danny Shields (Forum Supporter)
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/1/20 6:48 a.m.

In reply to Jon:

You are already a winner! Awesome!

PAE3reW7YRsYuTP1Inc0bDgAZdSrPBjhCB3lPp9ndgiRTSVFuDsA0HQtohk1yvKG