This Tuesday: Tickets Available for the 2019 Grassroots Motorsports Experience at the Rolex 24

Overwhelmed by the magnitude that is the Rolex 24 At Daytona? Do the event with your pals from Grassroots Motorsports.

Once again we’re hosting our readers—and that’s where you come in. The Grassroots Motorsports Experience at the Rolex 24 At Daytona takes you behind the scenes and gives you a home base for the entire IMSA weekend. Hang out in our tent, meet the staff, and enjoy our paddock tours. Call it rockstar hospitality for the rest of us.

Here’s the catch: 333 of 400 Grassroots Motorsports Experience Tickets have already been renewed by last year’s guests. That means only will be 67 available when they go on sale to the general public: Tuesday, July 24. Claim yours by calling Daytona International Speedway at 1 (800) PIT-SHOP. They’ll start taking calls at 9:00 a.m. These tickets sell out extremely fast, so you’ll want to call right when they open.

Since the Grassroots Motorsports Experience at the Rolex 24 At Daytona sells out so quickly, we added another ticket package: the Grassroots Motorsports Stadium Ticket Package. Now the rest of the gang can join in on the fun and watch the action from Daytona International Speedway’s stadium seating. Find out more here. These ticket packages will also become available on June 24.

Join Free Join our community to easily find more news.
Comments
sambones
sambones New Reader
7/20/18 6:06 p.m.

Will tickets be $129 like last year?

wae
wae SuperDork
7/21/18 7:23 a.m.

In reply to sambones :

I think they went up five bucks per each this year.  Geico Park West camping went up by twenty bucks.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
7/23/18 8:38 a.m.

In reply to sambones :

The price is $134 this year.

wae
wae SuperDork
7/23/18 8:59 a.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

Are renewals more expensive?  I just checked my receipt and they charged me $134 for each ticket on my renewal.

Rick Goolsby
Rick Goolsby Events Manager
7/23/18 9:41 a.m.

In reply to sambones :

They are now $134.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
7/24/18 8:30 a.m.

And the GRM Experience tickets are sold out. Our stadium ticket packages are still available though.

sambones
sambones New Reader
7/24/18 9:23 a.m.

They started taking calls at 8am instead of 9am. So I missed out.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
7/24/18 12:35 p.m.

It's lunch time and everything is sold out for the infield. Everything. Caveman campgrounds to every single package they have available. F&ckin A

Matt B
Matt B UltraDork
7/24/18 1:10 p.m.
Ed Higginbotham said:

I'd be interested to know how they went from 67 to 0 before they even opened.  What's the secret-squirrel handshake I need to do next year?

In reply to sambones :

Interesting.  What time zone are you in? I called before 9 in case there was a queue and got a message saying they were closed.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
7/24/18 2:17 p.m.
Matt B said:
Ed Higginbotham said:

In reply to sambones :

We also inquired about this, and according to the Speedway, the remaining tickets went over the last few days. The 67 available tickets still outstanding on 7/20, when we posted the news item, all went out to renewing GRM Experience people over the weekend and yesterday. I'm guessing some of those people who might've been on the bubble realized the infield was going to be a sellout and they'd have no problem reselling the tix here if their plans change.

Unfortunately there is no secret-squirrel handshake–the tickets are sold by the Speedway, returning guests are offered a chance at them first, and since there's no more space in the infield, there's no way for us to sell more tickets.

That's why we created the GRM stadium experience, which gets you seats and hospitality in the stadium and means you are still welcome to come enjoy our infield hospitality for everything except the Saturday night dinner. Those did sell out last year, but are currently still available. Same number (1-800-PITSHOP) gets you to the Speedway ticket sales for them.

Margie

Matt B
Matt B UltraDork
7/24/18 2:57 p.m.

Thanks for the explanation Marjorie - just making sure I understand the process so I know what to do next time.  I did end up opting for the stadium package, so the expanded scope is appreciated.  Apparently GRM is doing a bang-up job there, because popularity is not a problem. wink

Floating Doc
Floating Doc HalfDork
7/24/18 4:54 p.m.

I bought a ticket for the stadium package. I wanted to get infield parking so I could get some sleep in my truck topper, but also sold out.

I live 25 minutes from the track, so spending a few hours in my own bed during the night isn't that bad an option.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
7/24/18 5:05 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc :

The process is to pretty much bend over and take it dry trying to buy an infield ticket every year now.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc HalfDork
7/24/18 5:12 p.m.
DirtyBird222 said:

In reply to Floating Doc :

Well, I have never been, so at least this'll make it once.

FFXpbuRm0Uy1CZp11ToaEcifhlpy3UP0