Drive Your Dream Car on a Road Tour With the Lane Motor Museum

Ever dream of darting down beautiful backroads in a Renault R5 Turbo, Innocenti Mini or even a Fisker Karma? Those are just three of the interesting and beautiful cars the Lane Motor Museum is making available to the public at Rally for The Lane. The Lane Motor Museum showcases hundreds of rare and strange cars, and on two days this year, you can take one out for a guided tour through the beautiful backroads around Nashville, Tennessee. This year’s tour dates will be September 22 and October 16.

The museum has picked 52 cars from its collection for participants to drive. Up to 25 can be reserved by participants each day, after which registration will close. Yes, there’s a small fee, but it’s totally worth it.

Registration for both tours opens on Thursday, March 15. The September tour registration will open at 11:00 a.m. and the October tour registration will open at 1:00 p.m. This event usually sells out very quickly, so act fast. Find out more and view the cars available to drive right here.

Join Free Join our community to easily find more news.

Comments

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
3/14/18 2:25 p.m.

Looks like it's working out for them.. the first date is already sold out!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/14/18 2:33 p.m.

Man there are quite a few cars from that list I would love to try out.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
3/14/18 2:57 p.m.

In reply to Vigo :

That's weird. I see what you're saying. I'm sure it will be open and working fine tomorrow at 11.

racerdave600
racerdave600 UltraDork
3/14/18 4:32 p.m.
93EXCivic said:

Man there are quite a few cars from that list I would love to try out.

Me too, although I have owned 7 of the cars on that list and driven a few more, there are still plenty on there I'd like to drive!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/15/18 8:02 a.m.

I think I am going to do it if they don't pre-sale out. The 6th is my 30th birthday so it seems like an awesome present to myself.

Trying to decide between the Beat, Clio Williams and Delta Integrale.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
3/15/18 8:54 a.m.

2-3x the cost of a supercar track day, but some of these cars are a lot more special, and you have to admit that the risk is greater...

I giggled at the Peugeot 205 GTi, I have two friends with one of those and I've driven one in rally trim laugh

The ones that interest me most are the Fisker Karma, Lancia Delta Integrale, Lotus Evora and Renault R5 Turbo...but I suspect the drivers of the Citroen 2CVs will be having the most fun laugh

BTW, does this run the same dates every year? Could be something to keep in mind for the future.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/15/18 9:24 a.m.

Dibs on the Leyat Helica:

One of the few times I've been scared photographing a car show was when this thing rolled by me during the awards at Amelia Island:

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
3/15/18 9:49 a.m.

There's no Helica listed...I guess they don't want to risk anyone getting blended cheeky

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/16/18 12:03 p.m.

It filled up within 5 minutes of opening. I tried to get a car at 1:05PM Central and it was already full.

xeGPIesZe9KfSqco4wCbMtFJT7IKuzY2