October 16: Wear Your Helmet To Work Day Presented by Stilo

It’s a way to tell the rest of the world, “Yes, I love car racing.” The process is simple: Wear your helmet on the job and share a photo via Instagram on October 16. The person behind our favorite photo wins a new Stilo helmet.

In order to submit your entry, follow Grassroots Motorsports on Instagram, then post your photos with the hashtag #WearYourHelmetToWork and make sure you tag Grassroots Motorsports in each post. You can also upload your photos directly to our Facebook page with the hashtag #WearYourHelmetToWork (make sure you tag Grassroots Motorsports in each).

At the end of the work day, we'll share some of our favorite photos with the world, and give the person who submitted our favorite shot a brand-new Stilo Helmet. All photos must be submitted by 5 p.m. Eastern.

Here's What You've Submitted So Far:

Join Free Join our community to easily find more #WearYourHelmetToWork news.
Comments
wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UberDork
10/6/20 8:28 p.m.

Since I'm still teleworking this will be easier to do this year. Although SWMBO will look at me funny and just shake her head mumbling in Korean.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
10/6/20 9:44 p.m.

Agreed. Telecommuting will make this much much easier.

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
10/7/20 12:46 a.m.

Easier to not get fired, but harder to make stand out.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/7/20 12:57 a.m.

Yay, 30 photos of helmeted zoom meetings...

collinskl1
collinskl1 Reader
10/7/20 8:26 a.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

Yay, 30 photos of helmeted zoom meetings...

Just need to organize a zoom meeting with 30 helmeted heads.......

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/7/20 9:11 a.m.

So this was posted on the 6th was the deadline 5:00 pm on the 6th?  Last year I sent a photo of me in but I think I missed the deadline.

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
10/7/20 9:31 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I think they gave a date in the video. I want to say next Friday.

10/7/20 9:36 a.m.
Driven5 said:

In reply to dean1484 :

I think they gave a date in the video. I want to say next Friday.

October 16. It's in the first graph of the item but we'll make it bold or something. Eager to see all of the entries.

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
10/7/20 9:44 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Haha...Somehow my brain also didn't even register that line of text tucked in there, multiple times, as I was scrolling through. I don't know if it was not enough space (previously touching the picture on my screen) or not enough caffine. Either way, now you've got it so that my brain can't unsee it. Thanks!

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
10/7/20 10:33 a.m.

Do you really want an image of me sitting on my sofa in my underwear, wearing a helmet?

10/12/20 8:54 a.m.

Just a bump since Helmet Day is getting closer by the moment.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/12/20 9:58 a.m.

Ok did the title of the thread get edited or am I really that dumb.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/13/20 8:00 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Don't worry, we edited the title. We realized it was a little tricky to see the official day.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
10/14/20 12:05 p.m.

Can't even take a pic in a server room this year, I'm working from home so my pic would yet another person in a home office with a helmet. This company does have a server repair/setup room, but I haven't been in the building yet.

AaronT
AaronT Reader
10/14/20 6:11 p.m.

I'll play, but me in my kitchen home office playing with a dashboard or statistical model is going to be pretty not thrilling, lol.

10/15/20 9:38 a.m.

In reply to AaronT :

I'll be doing WFH from my home office. I'll find a way to make it more interesting (maybe).

KMGRM
KMGRM
10/16/20 6:54 a.m.

The day job is in investments,  Work-From-Home due to COVID adds a few added facets throughout the day: like "strategic" professional attire for video conferences and a diaper change here and there. #WearYourHelmetToWork @grassroots_motorsports

boxedfox (Forum Supporter)
boxedfox (Forum Supporter) Reader
10/16/20 8:38 a.m.

Our company operates buildings in NYC so our team has to come into the office. So we made the most of it.

Happy Wear Your Helmet to Work Day.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
10/16/20 8:42 a.m.

I was involved in a collision on the way to work today with my helmet in the passenger seat beside me. Apparently I should have worn my helmet on the way to work today. Insult to injury, I won't be getting in to take a photo to enter. I'm okay-ish at least.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
10/16/20 8:42 a.m.
KMGRM said:

If ever there was a need for a full-face helmet...

noddaz
noddaz UltraDork
10/16/20 9:40 a.m.

But I don't have a helmet...

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/16/20 9:47 a.m.

I'm furloughed, but working on home improvement projects.  Here is me admiring my newly-installed medicine cabinet.

boxedfox (Forum Supporter)
boxedfox (Forum Supporter) Reader
10/16/20 9:55 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Or a balaclava with a built-in odor filter.

KMGRM
KMGRM New Reader
10/16/20 10:34 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH : lol! Yah, winning the helmet would help in that regard.

10/16/20 11:07 a.m.

I need to go up and grab my car helmet, so for now, my bike helmet since it lives here in my home office.

10/16/20 11:11 a.m.

And how about some helmet show 'n tell. Back in 1997, Saab invited a squad of automotive journalists to help set a bunch of land speed records at Talladega. I was one of them. Our parting gifts (in addition to some LSR records) included a driver suit and a helmet. The foam is totally falling apart, though, so I'm not going to wear it.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/16/20 11:25 a.m.

Me at my little WFH station...

A new helmet would be nice since this one really doesn't play nice with my glasses...

10/16/20 11:38 a.m.

Got the correct helmet this time. Hello from the home office. It's comfortable.

EricMRiggs
EricMRiggs
10/16/20 11:57 a.m.

You should always have the proper safety gear (and backgrounds) for Zoom meetings while working at home!

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
10/16/20 12:22 p.m.

This is great timing, since I'm gong to need a new helmet (Snell 2005) for next year..Although I suppose "Wear your helmet while simultaneously working, learning, teaching, daycaring, cafeteriaing, and parenting from home day" doesn't quite roll off the tongue the same way.

drock25too
drock25too Reader
10/16/20 12:56 p.m.

Here's me in my work van,

And my wife doing laundry,

New York Nick
New York Nick New Reader
10/16/20 1:18 p.m.

I don't have any social media accounts so SWMBO put it on Facebook for me but....

Working from home my helmet is Snell 1972 is it time to upgrade?

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UberDork
10/16/20 1:23 p.m.
boxedfox (Forum Supporter) said:

Happy Wear Your Helmet to Work Day.

New surface hub is so much better than old surface hub.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/16/20 1:24 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
KMGRM said:

If ever there was a need for a full-face helmet...

I am thinking a hanz as well.

Edit:  Triple layer Nomex as well. ... Yes I have had 4 kids.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
10/16/20 1:35 p.m.

I can't figure out how to Instagram, but here's a picture of me on the weekly group Team's call:

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
10/16/20 2:10 p.m.

Are they gonna amend the SFI balaclava spec to count as a covid mask?

RIP Eddie Van Halen.

drock25too
drock25too Reader
10/16/20 3:14 p.m.
Cactus said:

Are they gonna amend the SFI balaclava spec to count as a covid mask?

RIP Eddie Van Halen.

One of my customers requires a hair net and beard net to enter the plant. Then with the covid stuff they added a mask. It's a pain to wear a mask and a beard net so I wore my balaclava. They looked at me and said, it has an SFI certification so I guess it's good.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
10/16/20 3:15 p.m.

Well, I'm working from my very cluttered home, but I am working. I installed a piece of software on a server today! Very busy day. cheeky

I even had some time left over, so why not paint my helmet? Patrick gave it to me at last year's challenge and I haven't had a chance to use it since then. I can't remember when it expires, but hopefully I'll get to do at least a few more autocrosses with it, so here goes nothing.

Some primitive masking, and then painted the first side:

And then the other side:

Results to follow!

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/16/20 3:38 p.m.

Time to make a pitstop for more coffee

Neil Redden
Neil Redden
10/16/20 3:50 p.m.

Separating the protons from the deuterons and tritons at the Laboratory for Laser Energetics.

Only two days on track this year (stupid COVID). I was happy to wear my helmet to work today!

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/16/20 4:47 p.m.

Time to clean it for the off season storage.

slowbird