Your Favorite Engine, Now in Lego Form

Hate that the only time you get to see your engine is when you have the hood up? Now you can have a smaller, custom model to keep on a shelf, a bookcase or wherever you want.

The best part? These detailed models are made entirely out of Lego.

A post shared by Replica Motorsport ???? (@replicamotorsport) on

Replica Motorsport sells assembled "crate motors" that includes a Mazda B6ZE, a Ford Modular V8 and even a Cummins 6BT. Prices for most of the preassmebled models start at around $130 to $150, with special DIY kits going on sale "about once a month."

Don't see an engine you want a model of? Replica Motorsport even takes custom requests.

Visit Replica Motorsport's Instagram or website for more information.

Like what you're reading? We rely on your financial support. For as little as $3, you can support Grassroots Motorsports by becoming a Patron today.

Become a Patron!

Join Free Join our community to easily find more engine and Lego news.
Comments
earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 New Reader
8/4/20 2:54 p.m.

No SHO V6 ? Hmmph.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/4/20 9:57 p.m.

No Slant 6?

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/4/20 10:18 p.m.

I'm sorry, did you say one hundred and thirty dollars for a handful of Legos?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
8/4/20 10:19 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

It is a bit much, they typically run 5-10 cents per brick.  I don't see any of those that are over 100-200 bricks.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
8/4/20 11:10 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I have a 1/24 scale slant 6 in my parts box. Has headers and 3 down draft carbs. Needs a better home too.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
8/4/20 11:28 p.m.

Would be super exciting, except 1- no type I. And 2-$$$,$$$,$$$.

I need to get my legos back from little bro and see what I can do.

Toebra
Toebra Dork
8/5/20 12:53 a.m.

Where are the horizontally opposed motors?

jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter)
jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter) New Reader
8/5/20 3:02 a.m.

$150 sounds like a steal compared to the Legos I’m saving up for...

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UberDork
8/5/20 10:58 a.m.

still a crate engine.... albeit a bit more than $150.00

8/5/20 11:27 a.m.

In reply to oldeskewltoy :

surprise

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) UberDork
8/5/20 11:36 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Think of it as a piece of custom artwork not as a "lego kit", because that's what you're paying for.

They don't seem to have a 13B!

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
8/5/20 11:55 a.m.

I'd like to know what parts they use to model a turbo.

But yeah, you're paying for the design/engineering to figure out how to make lego parts look like an engine, moreso than the parts themselves. Still a bit rich for my blood.

Edit: looks like they also come assembled for that price, and they had cheaper limited-edition kits that you put together yourself. I'd rather assemble it myself anyway, being a Lego fan.

8/5/20 11:58 a.m.

In reply to codrus (Forum Supporter) :

They show a 13B on their Instagram.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
8/5/20 1:10 p.m.
slowbird said:

I'd like to know what parts they use to model a turbo.

Looks like a small wheel with a hose wrapped around it.

I'd rather assemble it myself anyway, being a Lego fan.

That's most of the fun anyway.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
8/5/20 2:07 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Maybe if they're being produced by Lego who can spec whatever they want. But for one-offs like this, you need to source the parts and that will cost you more than 5-10 cents each. Especially if there are unusual pieces in there, and I can see at least some custom paintwork.

Looks like the DIY kits are a little less expensive - they had a B series for $34.99 and a 13B for $59.99.

iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/5/20 2:12 p.m.

It's steep, but for a super niche talking piece it seems not crazy.

I do enjoy they have a cherry picker to go with it.

ZxiZaHb1T0mhCeECWzCaMDbXpO4EaKTlRfWs3IKvWi9A6PmJHtZNfc695JxhblLF