Dec 4, 2002 update to the Toyota Celica ST project car

Celica meets the dyno

We dyno’ed the Celica this past Friday, the numbers were interesting. Stock, the 7AFE engine put out a whopping 90.7 hp at right around 5500 rpm, with torque figures of 103.7 lb.-ft. at 2700 rpm. We then drained the Castrol GTX oil and poured in some Royal Purple synthetic. After we ran the car on the dyno for about 5 minutes, we retested. We found some gains with the synthetic oil, but nothing earth shattering. 91.3 hp and 104.3 lb.-ft.

We also took care of some little maintenance stuff last night: cap, rotors, fuel filter. The clutch is getting replaced today. The original clutch was feeling funky after 164k.

Join Free Join our community to easily find more project updates.
Comments
View comments on the GRM forums
Sponsored by

GRM Ad Dept

Our Preferred Partners
xLmIaodkxuN2G4pPH0oCTe7oVDfjwB9H0tnn3YkNYW8598fl2ttZ01vuEQxkQU1y