Jun 1, 2004 update to the Mini Cooper S project car

MINI reborn

Before we left for Sebring, we applied this roof graphic from www.cooperflags.com
Don from Redline BMW helping us with the intercooler situation.
We think we solved the ignition problem with these Kingsborne ignition wires after we got back from the track.

Last month we took the MINI to The MItty. It made it back from the Mitty safe and sound, if not clean. So we cleaned it up and fixed a few odds and ends before Springfest at Sebring. While we were in Atlanta for the Mitty, we dyno’ed the car: 186 horsepower at the wheels!

The SpringFest with PBOC was fun, but we ran into several snags. First off, the increased boost blows off the intercooler hoses, which we solved by using shims under the clamps to increase clamping pressure on the rubber tubing. Next up, we had a radiator coolant expansion tank cap fail, allowing our coolant to escape via steam when the car was revved.

Finally, we had ignition problems, which we think was caused by a bad plug wire. We replaced the plug wires with high performance ones from Kingsborne Wire Works.

Join Free Join our community to easily find more project updates.
Comments
View comments on the GRM forums
Sponsored by

GRM Ad Dept

Our Preferred Partners
SehXW2Wwg0BLL8btdlFX9RijztJrJeZbTuXjy7G4Pg0Ee9LvN5hl93xtSCV3D2Xp