Acura Integra Type R | Buyer's Guide

Scott
By Scott Lear
Sep 6, 2021 | Acura, Honda, Integra, Integra Type R | Posted in Buyer's Guides | From the Dec. 2009 issue | Never miss an article

Photography Credit: Scott R. Lear

[Editor's Note: This article originally appeared in the December 2009 issue of Grassroots Motorsports.]

Racers make up a small portion of the buying public, so it’s rare that we get personalized treatment in the form of a special-edition car that’s truly suited to our needs. A…

This content is available for GRM+ members only.

You can read it for free in 12 days or subscribe to GRM+ to read right now.

Join Free Join our community to easily find more Acura, Honda, Integra and Integra Type R articles.
Comments
mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/2/21 10:36 a.m.

It should say bring $70,000-$110,000 and then get a nice type R

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/2/21 11:03 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

It should say bring $70,000-$110,000 and then get a nice type R

Yeah, these are WAY out of reach for the normal folk like me.

calteg
calteg Dork
9/2/21 11:37 a.m.

Really wish I hadn't sold mine, though being (justifiably) paranoid it would get stolen every time I parked it got old pretty fast.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress HalfDork
9/6/21 2:42 p.m.

I'm looking for something with a backseat and investigated these briefly. Too raw and damn those prices are going up...

9/7/21 1:28 p.m.

Back in the day, we had a '97 Type R as our press car in 1998. So I called Honda and asked if we could buy it, figuring that its time in the press pool was coming to an end. Nope, I was told. In fact, it might have been a crusher. Somewhere I believe that I have a photo of its number plate. I should look for it.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/7/21 1:56 p.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

I don't know if this helps at all, but you could get a four-door version in Japan. At least one lives stateside and is for sale:

At that price, though, I think you might be better off spending that sort of coin on something else.

jNFKxaO9yLA5xNNie9anFqRK1yjzD4S1rMICO4Z7glXEQSO0amIS4U2VQYTOKxjg