RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
7/13/13 3:54 a.m.

Not quite as weird as the Renault Caravelle I posted earlier, but not by much. Not mine, not affiliated.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3859864175.html

I can't help but wonder where the New England Tin Worm has burrowed its way into the car. From the (two low resolution) photos posted, it's kinda clean.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/13 5:34 a.m.

That's gotta be pretty close to being one of the last ones. Weren't they being sold by Malcolm Bricklin by then?

Woody
7/13/13 5:38 a.m.

I'm going to be dangerously close to that thing in about a week...

RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
7/13/13 5:42 a.m.

If it makes you feel any better, I just realized the posting is over a month old. It may have been sold by now.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
7/13/13 5:57 a.m.
Woody wrote: That's gotta be pretty close to being one of the last ones. Weren't they being sold by Malcolm Bricklin by then?

After 1982, both the X1/9 and Spider 2000 were marketed by Bricklin's IAI (International Automotive Importers). Gone from the world after 1988.

Woody
7/13/13 6:25 a.m.
RexSeven wrote: If it makes you feel any better, I just realized the posting is over a month old. It may have been sold by now.

So...what I'm hearing is that he's probably ready to deal...

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/13/13 10:00 a.m.

If that car was in Fl, I would buy it ... I always regret not buying one in the mid 90s when I had a chance. I think that was the only one I saw down here too.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/13/13 12:47 p.m.

Excellent cars.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/13/13 12:57 p.m.
Slippery wrote: If that car was in Fl, I would buy it ... I always regret not buying one in the mid 90s when I had a chance. I think that was the only one I saw down here too.

I feel similarly about a 6k$ Judge convertible I passed on right out of high school because it had a six pack under the hood and I was worried about gas mileage. What an idiot.

on a related note, you can find em if you watch CL enough, but the fall into two categories $$ and rusty.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
7/13/13 9:43 p.m.

Do Want!!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hdrJFANxmbvqr2yKbQR1H6AxJYAbAKRxNuCctYDh4uO0SbFGGtxf5vcReesbXxCS