MacDubois
MacDubois New Reader
6/26/08 10:29 a.m.

Sigh

I figured i'd own this car a little longer than a month but I'm moving cross country and won't have a garage (clearly a major problem). Just trying to get out of it what I paid for it.

Anyway, it's a 73 Spit 1500. Probably 99% complete. Good glass, runs great, shifts fine. Has a snazzy aftermarket header. Tires are adequate except the spare, which has a bulge. Brakes do not work (e-brake works fine), have not been able to ascertain why yet. Top in good condition. Driver's floor rusty, I have some sheet metal I was going to rivet in place until I pulled it off the road for the winter. Passenger floor perforated. Misc. dings and dents. It was repainted in the original Mimosa yellow before I bought it (apparently by a crack addict, cause the respray sucks like Dyson). Has a fuel leak at the fuel pump. Comes with: Carb rebuild kit, Hayes manual, Brochure for a Spitfire 1500, some brake fluid and a couple of taillight bulbs. Everything else is functional and present as far as I know.

Car is currently registered in MN with a clean title although since this state is slow and I haven't received mine from the transfer yet, you get a bill of sale.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SZyKHoIzBzw6aXIFn2MK4dbRF0ML8d3KvmXkHywFYG4QMwCbRQ9iFRkJjqhe1JAT