1 2 3
ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/17/13 9:47 a.m.

I'd like to echo the "where is it" comment . . .

Not my favourite colour, but at this point with E21s there isn't a vast selection to choose from.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/17/13 10:22 a.m.

At this moment its in pittsburgh pa in about 8 hours it will be in washington dc then on tuesday back in pgh. I am driving the car and having a blast. A pretty vocal member and son came and looked at her yesterday "goddam tire kickers" no just kidding it was a great time meeting them just was not car for them maybe he will chime in on the car. I have a buyer for the car but would like to see a forum member get it really because finding cars is tough for under 1500 that are fun and interesting

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/17/13 1:56 p.m.

Dude did you adjust the price? I see :( m to recall this thing being more? I would love to come take it off your hands but with the recent info of about how much longer SWMBO job is going to last. I've gotta do the responsible thing and pass on it.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/17/13 5:43 p.m.

$1,200.00 is the price just got back to DC area what a trip this is a great car for the money if no one from the forum picks this up by the end of the month it is going to New York to a friend that rebuilds pre 89 BMWs and Porsches and he will save her and sale her.

i took the back way back came across 40 coming up out of Uniontown Pa is a steep 4 mile grade she pulled it in 4th gear at 60mph

here she is at the top of the summit

at the cross roads to the right is boring to the left is a great road

this is what lays ahead of you after you make a left

when you get this car in its powerband from 3500rpm to 5500rpm she can be fun

here she is taking a rest after 15 miles of twistys on top of 15mile summit

had to do a couple high speed runs had her up to 120mph rock steady

someone buy her and give her a good home she deserves it. i put 900 miles on her this weekend in two days. she went from dc to pgh and a quick run up to erie pa and back she averaged 25mpg did not use a drop of oil and the looks from other people and other bimmer drivers giving the thumbs up priceless

ZOO
3/17/13 8:06 p.m.

Ok -- if no one else buys it before the end of the month I will figure out how to get it to me in Canada -- it sure is a sweet price.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
3/17/13 8:30 p.m.

Man neat car

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non New Reader
3/19/13 8:11 a.m.

Wanna trade it for a Volvo 1800ES?

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/19/13 8:15 a.m.
Sine_Qua_Non wrote: Wanna trade it for a Volvo 1800ES?

very interested in that trade send pics and discription of car and where it is. there is one forum member who is letting me know if he is taking it by the end of week so he has first dibs

send pics to mark@ctsinc.org

failboat
failboat SuperDork
3/19/13 10:48 a.m.

GREAT looking car, keep posting bargains on here maybe one day ill be in a good enough spot to pick one up. I'm not even that far from you.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non New Reader
3/19/13 2:54 p.m.

In reply to cutter67:

It won't be an even swap. Looks like you already have a sale at this point with the other board member.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/19/13 3:06 p.m.

In reply to Sine_Qua_Non:

i would really like to see some pics the member would understand. i have never had a ES a 1800 yes but no ES and you really peaked my interest

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/19/13 3:37 p.m.

In reply to cutter67:

I have the cash lined up for you.......

Granted, its still your car of course.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/19/13 4:39 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

you are the proud owner of a BMW E21 you better take care of her and look forward to meeting you in Dayton on Sunday Mark

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non New Reader
3/19/13 5:34 p.m.

Thank God, now my wife can stop bitchin.

Spinout007
3/19/13 5:43 p.m.

In reply to Sine_Qua_Non:

Mine too!

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/19/13 7:20 p.m.

See, no wife = can have fun things.

Spinout007
3/19/13 8:32 p.m.

Except when mine is employed she enables such ventures

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy HalfDork
3/19/13 8:45 p.m.

This brings back some fond memories of my 83.

They're not fast, but they are underrated.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/19/13 10:32 p.m.

In reply to White_and_Nerdy:

I like bastard bmw's

kingston250
kingston250 New Reader
3/20/13 3:23 a.m.

You buy an old model but looking so good. I was found many like this on here search multiple craigslist for sale in reasonable price. If you are interested then you can check and find.

ZOO
3/20/13 5:00 a.m.

I am glad it has gone to a good home. I really didn't need it, but I sure wanted it . . .

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/20/13 5:32 a.m.

In reply to ZOO:

i am too...you living in the great white north are able get so many cool cars we cant here in the lower 48 that i am sure you will find a great project for you and your son.....

thanks for all the interest in the car everyone

Mark

schumithecat
schumithecat New Reader
3/20/13 3:45 p.m.

I would cover that rusty front plate holder with a plate of any kind, a Confederate flag, a flaming skull from Pep Boys, etc. the plate holder makes car look worse than it is. those cars are decent, get no respect because they came after the beloved 2002.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/20/13 4:00 p.m.

In reply to schumithecat:

I'll remove it......Indiana doesn't require the ugly ass front plates.

joey48442
joey48442 UberDork
3/23/13 7:03 p.m.

My wife just found this. She asked me why I didn't buy it... I don't know!!! sob sob. I missed it.... She says always show her stuff like this.

I married the right woman.

Joey

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G3TL4CpEnM840IdUNe8UoWbN4wIQi7VSuYnoZBDLV1n4CXN6NfFSEdkbG1LpnCW6