cohjus55
cohjus55
7/1/15 8:39 p.m.

Ebay Starting Bid $1500

Craigslist: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5084700474.html

For Sale. 1984 Mercury Capri, 5.0 V8, 5 speed manual transmission. This year Capri is the same mechanically as the Mustang. I bought this car about three years ago from a Capri collector in Oregon. I have been building this car to be competitive regionally in autocross. During the build my wife and I decided we would like to get out of debt and I chose to sell my daily driver. Because of this the Capri became my daily driver and I had to stop with some of the more aggressive parts of the build and ease up on the spending. I am selling the car because I need something a bit more practical.

The good: - I drive this car every day and have been for almost a year. It runs and drives very well. - 1 year old Maximum Motorsports road and track box (less the shocks pictured). See the link below http://www.maximummotorsports.com/1987-89-Mustang-hardtop-Road-Track-Box-P968.aspx

• The rear end has been converted to a 3 link set up http://www.maximummotorsports.com/MM-Torque-arm-1979-04-Mustang-88-axle-Standard-Duty-P225.aspx

• The rear end is a freshly rebuilt Ford 8.8 /w 3.27 gears, fresh posi, new axles.

• All suspension and most steering parts replaced or upgraded.
  • Previous owner claims the engine was rebuilt and transmission was resealed, I have nothing to prove this. Engine appears to be all stock, possibly a "rv" cam. Runs good. Clutch grabs well.
  • New high torque starter
  • Newer Holly carb
  • New tires, Continental Extreme Contact, less then 2,000 miles.
  • Body pretty strait and rust free.
  • Many other new parts, I have a large stack of invoices of most the work I have done since I have owned the car.

The bad: - Needs an inner tie rod and a u-joint - Interior isn't so pretty, sun faded seats and trim, cracked dash, and missing the cloth for the headliner - Exterior needs paint, some trim items, and has a cracked valance.

More photos in CL or Ebay link.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
7/1/15 8:52 p.m.

That's cool!
I'm going to recall that I just bought a ridiculous car and conveniently forget that I'll be in Seattle on Sunday.
GLWS!

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/2/15 11:15 a.m.

Oooof. Does it have functional A/C? How about a radio? Any reason it wouldn't make a super-long-road trip?

SEADave
SEADave HalfDork
7/2/15 11:28 a.m.

Wow that's cool. I always thought the coke-bottle flares and back window on the Capri's were way cooler than the same year Mustang. If I didn't have too many projects going already I would be there with cash.

cohjus55
cohjus55 New Reader
7/2/15 11:39 a.m.

Factory non-a/c car. It does have a radio that works. I drove it from Seattle to Portland, raced, then drove back 2 weeks ago with no issues.

cohjus55
cohjus55 New Reader
7/5/15 9:49 p.m.

Sold

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
7/5/15 9:58 p.m.

Who's the lucky bastard here that got it?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
7/5/15 11:13 p.m.

So much want.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/6/15 11:02 a.m.

Someone is a lucky bastard if they snatched it up for that price.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DtIbu34qzW7upczoNvHV9hInb1JlsUip8W6XdUPvl4XMxSnSaqy1PVH30MxyNHCU