1 2
Egghead Racer
Egghead Racer Reader
9/9/15 7:18 a.m.

I would be murdered. There would be so second thoughts, no momentary pause, just my complete and utter deletion from existence. But man, that looks like fun. All except for the charging part, but we could call it sparky!

GLWS! Looks like a great car!

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/9/15 11:51 a.m.

What he said ^^^^ SWMBO makes more anyway...

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
9/9/15 12:15 p.m.

So. Much. Want

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
9/10/15 9:07 a.m.

I love that color. GLWS

Egghead Racer
Egghead Racer Reader
9/14/15 12:23 p.m.

Someone buy this, for crying out loud!

Egghead Racer
Egghead Racer Reader
9/18/15 12:53 p.m.

Por-Sha! Por-Sha! Por-Sha!

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
9/19/15 3:48 p.m.

This so needs a bump!

How is this not sold yet?

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/19/15 5:07 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: This so needs a bump! How is this not sold yet?

Around here its because of 1 of 2 reasons.*

1. "Too far away"

2. "No money"

*results based on unscientific research obtained from reading the forum classifieds over the last few years.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/19/15 7:34 p.m.

I love the color. This is a great deal.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
9/20/15 6:54 p.m.

For me it's no monies and no storage space.

Heck I even have a friend in Columbus that would help load it if we paid him cold Budweiser and let him heckle us while we do it!

logdog wrote:
paranoid_android74 wrote: This so needs a bump! How is this not sold yet?
Around here its because of 1 of 2 reasons.* 1. "Too far away" 2. "No money" *results based on unscientific research obtained from reading the forum classifieds over the last few years.
Egghead Racer
Egghead Racer Reader
9/25/15 1:52 p.m.

I hate you so much right now...

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
9/26/15 8:05 a.m.

I need an interior donor for my car, but I'm not in the position to buy right now. Dang. Heck, I've driven that car for a trans for my 944.

RedGT
RedGT New Reader
9/29/15 7:53 p.m.

So at this point does the alternator provide juice to the engine at all (so disconnecting the battery it still runs) or is the engine running solely on battery? It sounds like the alternator isn't doing anything but I figured I'd clarify.

RedGT
RedGT New Reader
9/29/15 8:02 p.m.

...what is with the 80s and pressurized plastic expansion tanks? Jesus.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
9/29/15 8:05 p.m.
RedGT wrote: So at this point does the alternator provide juice to the engine at all (so disconnecting the battery it still runs) or is the engine running solely on battery? It sounds like the alternator isn't doing anything but I figured I'd clarify.

Not a good test. It'll need the battery either way. It can't run on just the alternator. Guess how I know.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/29/15 8:45 p.m.
markwemple wrote:
RedGT wrote: So at this point does the alternator provide juice to the engine at all (so disconnecting the battery it still runs) or is the engine running solely on battery? It sounds like the alternator isn't doing anything but I figured I'd clarify.
Not a good test. It'll need the battery either way. It can't run on just the alternator. Guess how I know.

Just put a voltmeter on the battery, remember number, start car, and check again. if the voltmeter is the same or lower, it is running on only the battery.

RedGT
RedGT New Reader
9/29/15 9:14 p.m.

Sounds like it will probably be a no go for me. Normal not-80s-German stuff, id expect that if the alt output is good but batt charging circuit is wonky, you could jump the thing and then drive anywhere so long as you never shut it off. I bet I could get my brother to pick it up this weekend and then drive it to PA at thanksgiving if I buy him a plane ticket and a jump pack if that's all it takes.

Egghead Racer
Egghead Racer Reader
9/30/15 1:12 p.m.

How badly do you need it gone....

RedGT
RedGT New Reader
9/30/15 6:52 p.m.

If it was closer I'd be there with a u haul and a thousand bucks just to see if you'd take it.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 HalfDork
10/1/15 9:33 a.m.

I just now saw this. Man... if I had a tow vehicle right now I'd be in trouble.

I hate it when circumstances prevent me from making blatantly irresponsibly decisions.

Edit: If it were white then I'd say screw the circumstances and pull it home on foot or something

markwemple
markwemple Dork
10/4/15 7:03 p.m.

Dang. Stop it!

markwemple
markwemple Dork
10/9/15 9:53 a.m.

You killed me

Bruce
Bruce GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/15 1:34 p.m.

Did you happen to check the bulbs in the dash for continuity? If the alternator bulb is out that can cause the alternator to stop working on these cars.

Much like adding LED taillights can cause the cruise control to stop working, the change resistance causes things to not work.

Wish you were closer, but that's one hell of a fly and drive for a car I'd end up sleeping in.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
10/10/15 4:30 p.m.

Me too

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
10/22/15 9:09 a.m.

In reply to russ_mill:

Sent you a message good sir.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners