saruken
saruken None
8/11/12 12:53 p.m.

Been lurking around here for a while, but this is my First Post!

Anyway I thought I may as well throw this up in the classifieds since I've already got it on craigs in Knoxville:

See the cl ad for more info. Yes it says '$2500' on there, but I'll definitely take challenge money obo if it's one of you guys.

I have tons more pictures and info. Ask away if you're interested.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
8/11/12 10:19 p.m.

I hate my life.

Max_Archer
Max_Archer Reader
8/11/12 11:09 p.m.

Man, if you were in CA, I'd be all over that. Of course, if you were in CA, you'd be asking $7500 for it...

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/12/12 6:39 a.m.

Rust? Is the reason you say it will need a harness in the near future because of the battery drain or are there other issues? What things were removed from the interior?

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 New Reader
8/12/12 9:15 a.m.

In reply to saruken:

Wow- just read about that car in the October issue of GRM. Great price too!

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
8/12/12 10:08 a.m.
Max_Archer wrote: Man, if you were in CA, I'd be all over that. Of course, if you were in CA, you'd be asking $7500 for it...

Never find any good cars in California.

saruken
saruken New Reader
8/12/12 10:32 a.m.

In reply to logdog:

Shortly after the rebuild, it cut out and we couldn't get it running again, and couldn't figure out why, until we finally tracked the issue to a short inside the frayed harness that was cutting power to the EFI. We solved that for now with a patch wire to ground, but it's not a permanent solution.

As for rust, there is only one spot, on the driver's front quarter panel. It's chewed through there, with a hole about the size of your thumb.

There is no carpet or sound deadening inside. The headliner and sun visors are covered in some felt-type material, door cards are not original, radio is swapped with an aftermarket unit on a direct line to the battery with a kill switch, the EFI itself (came this way for some unknown reason from the previous owner) is also on its own kill switch, and the center console is made partly of black duck tape.

Feel free to hit me with any other questions you might have.

saruken
saruken New Reader
8/12/12 4:36 p.m.

Just got to work and realized the above pictures aren't showing here, although they work at my home computer. If you can't see the pics in my other post (or you want to see bigger versions), please follow these links:

Rust spot

Interior

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dTDNeQBgHlFG35W33jW492y4tYD5AZtpmAU2Gj3VZO3BzfKQ81PcowYgbnDyXCvh