JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/18/14 6:45 a.m.

Let the fleet sell off continue. I kinda like this one but it needs some time and effort I just don't have right now.

Runs great, 454 GM V8 (gas if you need to ask) Mostly nice but dated interior. RV bits all work, generator, AC etc. Engine driven AC doesn't work. 3 way fridge.

Had water infiltration at the roof seam. Roof has been fully resealed but the rear 10' or so of the passenger wall needs rebuilt. This is not a typical wood frame RV so no frame damage to deal with. They are laminated walls. What needs to be done is to laminate a new layer of 1/8 luan to the interior wall using contact cement (already dissembled and prepped inside for this step) and then cut off the outer fiberglass coating and do the same, laminate a new sheet of luan then glue the fiberglass back over that. Really not a terrible job but not terribly fun either.

This also needs rear brakes. I drove it home but I wouldn't take it very far without doing them. The passenger side caliper is seized and dragging and has destroyed the rotor. I'll let you do the work at my place but dont ask me to fix it for you, if I had the time and energy to fix it I'd keep this thing around but I don't and I'm sick of looking at it in the driveway.

I have $2k into it so start there and work down. Heck work up if you wanna but I'm realistic. Could make a good basis for a custom car hauler, cut off the back 10-15 feet that's questionable and make that a flatbed for your small race car :)

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/18/14 8:25 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: Does anyone have a link to a cheaper, rougher one? I want to get this thread started off correctly...

Here ya go! http://southjersey.craigslist.org/rvs/4369065327.html

Actually, that's kinda cool.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/18/14 9:35 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: I've always wondered how the small Toyota and Datsun based ones made it up hills. That's a lot of weight for such a small truck.

Extreme low gearing and slow moving? Always kinda wondered myself.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/18/14 9:58 a.m.

Back to the topic at hand....

I will make a really nice package deal to anyone who wants this and the Yugo. You could turn this into a great Yugo hauler :)

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/18/14 10:12 a.m.
JThw8 wrote: Back to the topic at hand.... I will make a really nice package deal to anyone who wants this and the Yugo. You could turn this into a great Yugo hauler :)

Are you trying to make it more enticing or less so?

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/18/14 10:30 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote:
JThw8 wrote: Back to the topic at hand.... I will make a really nice package deal to anyone who wants this and the Yugo. You could turn this into a great Yugo hauler :)
Are you trying to make it more enticing or less so?

Aw, c'mon now, around this freakshow a 20' RV with a 12ft platform hauling a widebody hot rod Yugo for use at Lemons events/GRM Challenge/etc should be like the holy grail! I think y'all lack imagination.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
4/21/14 8:53 a.m.

Part of me is glad this is too long to fit in my driveway.

I forwarded this info to some of my cycling friends, jsut in case anyone is interested. One of my race teammates has a big RV and a few of us were jealous of him at the last race.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/21/14 10:10 a.m.

Retiring soon, it's easy to imagine this thing a sailplane around the southwest.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
5/13/14 8:30 p.m.

Got a mobile RV repair guy coming to give me a quote on the brakes this week just no time and too many injuries to try and power through that job myself. Still accepting offers, but after the brakes its the 2k I have in it plus the cost of the brake job. Will let it go for a loss right now, smaller trades considered (scooters, go karts, gold bullion...)

jburnash
jburnash
5/16/14 1:23 p.m.

Where are you located in NJ? I know of a LeMons team that is looking for something like this ...

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
5/16/14 9:33 p.m.
jburnash wrote: Where are you located in NJ? I know of a LeMons team that is looking for something like this ...

Mullica Hill, NJ, due east of Philly.

jburnash
jburnash New Reader
5/20/14 1:41 p.m.

Thanks! In reply to JThw8:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gbcuSnlJ4ETWlWMTBFiCAOX15ALh4IIHhEjvMNynPrRGsT8nAHyJbhm1aJRiVoU0