Treb
Treb Reader
6/4/11 7:01 p.m.

1988 Yugo GV. 1100/4speed

My wife and I bought the car almost 10 years ago, when one of our daily drivers was in a big accident and spent a lot of time off the road (the MGB in my profile picture).

We got the Yugo for a bunch of reasons -- I like Fiats and lightweight cars, and my wife had driven one, as a delivery driver, when she was in college. This one made us both very happy. The Yugo did its job well and was a great daily driver and in-town car.

We just don't need it any more, and it should go to someone who will get good use out of it.

So, it's for sale.

It's a good little car; I've done some work on it over the years but it hasn't needed much. Front calipers rebuilt (and one rebuild kit will come with the car, in original YUGO packaging (quite the selling point, eh?)). Relays added for headlights and power. I think I rebuilt the ignition switch (or took it apart and cleaned the contacts). Tuneup parts -- cap, rotor, wires, plugs. New oil pressure switch -- the old one leaked.

It's a fun drive, a cute car, and you are pretty unlikely to see another one coming the other way.

I posted it FS last year but got little response... I'd like to move it this year.

Last year's FS thread

Finding a vacuum leak last fall

I think, since last year, the parts situation has improved -- Jay at Orion has found/bought even more NOS Yugo parts. FLAPS stuff is still available.

Send me a PM, or e-mail me at myfirstname@mylastname.com where my name is Matt Trebelhorn.

Because it is.

I'd love for this to go to a GRM-er.

Matt

BoneYard_Racing
BoneYard_Racing Reader
6/4/11 9:42 p.m.

I want to ask you to trade for my DD neon but it seems like a bad idea on so so many levels

Treb
Treb Reader
6/5/11 9:49 a.m.

I'm not really looking for a trade right now -- trying to reduce the crowd around here.

Matt

Treb
Treb Reader
6/5/11 11:43 a.m.

BABE rally people: Coming through Lexington only adds about 150 miles to the trip (assuming the main route is I-81 or thereabouts).

Just saying.

Treb
Treb Reader
6/8/11 11:02 a.m.

Come on, there must be some interest. This is GRM, isn't it?

Matt

Treb
Treb Reader
6/8/11 12:07 p.m.

Also, I have a set of original TIGAR brand yugoslavian-made tires. (Not on the car)

I wouldn't drive on them, but they would hold air for a car show etc. I think at least one is so new it still has mold marks.

Matt

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
6/8/11 4:44 p.m.
Treb wrote: BABE rally people: Coming through Lexington only adds about 150 miles to the trip (assuming the main route is I-81 or thereabouts). Just saying.

But its not BABE rally price, and my wife would kill me. Although I'd love another Yugo to play with.

Treb
Treb Reader
6/8/11 5:31 p.m.

Hmmmm. I could sell you a $500 car... and a $600 timing belt job?

I wasn't specifically saying it would be for BABE; just that a bunch of good car crazies would be passing somewhat nearby.

Matt

BoneYard_Racing
BoneYard_Racing Reader
6/8/11 10:45 p.m.

Sort of off topic but are there any good Yugo sites? I for some reason I cant put my finger on have to have one of these things but Id like to do some research

Treb
Treb Reader
6/9/11 11:14 a.m.

There are a couple of groups on Yahoo, but that's about it. Response on there is decent. And there's a little on Yugos at mirafiori.com, a Fiat site.

Other than that... not too sure. Matt

Treb
Treb Reader
7/17/11 7:08 p.m.

Still for sale.

In Lexington, KY; so only a couple of hours from Nashville, where the Fiat Freak Out is going to be next weekend.

Matt

Treb
Treb Reader
7/28/11 1:58 p.m.

Still available.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
7/28/11 2:33 p.m.

Still way too far away

Treb
Treb Reader
8/9/11 10:33 a.m.

$900.

Still in Kentucky, though.

Matt

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/9/11 11:10 a.m.

Hmm...I have all this money from selling my Subaru...

Treb
Treb Reader
8/9/11 11:13 a.m.

Columbus is close.

Midwest-Bayless, in Columbus, is a good Fiat/Yugo shop.

And you could be seriously injured if you let that money burn a hole in your pocket

-Matt

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/9/11 11:34 a.m.

I sent you a message. Bus tickets are only $50

Treb
Treb Reader
8/9/11 10:29 p.m.

reply sent.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Reader
8/9/11 11:44 p.m.

I wouldnt wish greyhound on anyone, and I support capital punishment...

donalson
donalson SuperDork
8/9/11 11:54 p.m.

meh greyhound isn't the worst possible way to transport cheaply... worth it if the car is right... but you never know who you'll meet on the ride lol

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
f9IqLo4oTNHxNds1vpheBsJyp4d70CiH4jNh9FwN780DQZY6Q9FbzjJ6LYvXPQ2r