1 2
Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
11/30/09 8:47 a.m.

Can be seen HERE (first picture has the wheels/tires that come with it)

1990 Mazda Miata

Flat Black (kinda spotty, I sanded 98% of the truck bed liner off and rattlecanned the entire car with rustoleum flat black)

134,XXX Miles

New clutch at 85,XXX miles (P.O)

Shifts perfectly

Runs strong for a 1.6L

includes:

Factory Mazda Hardtop with all three latches & striker plates (rear, front and side), Headliner and Defroster - Flat Black

Hard Dog Hard Core Hard Top Single Diagonal

Soft top (with missing rear window) removed but included

Odyssey PC680 installed in factory location

RX-7 MAF & Cone Filter (Factory MAF and Airbox included)

Manual Fan switch

DDM Works Gauge/Radio Panel with Autometer Water and Voltage gauges

Entire interior re-insulated with reflectix

Hoosier 205/55/14 A3S03's (30-40% life remaining) on stock wheels

E36 M3ty no-name tires on beat up ARE wheels (also flat black)

Clean Illinois Title

Manual Steering Rack

The Bad:

Kinda Ugly

Vinyl torn on top of passenger seat

open rear diff

A/C Works, but has a bad tensioner, so is currently not hooked up. will include new belt, but you will have to source your own tensioner.

Taillights painted over with crazy circle patterns by P.O.

$1750 - Crestview, FL 32539

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
11/30/09 8:57 a.m.

Entertaining trade offers?

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
11/30/09 9:40 a.m.

we shall see... if the trade is interesting enough I may be.

xd
xd New Reader
11/30/09 11:08 p.m.

Where is it?

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
12/1/09 9:15 a.m.
Autolex wrote: ...$2009 o.b.o - Crestview, FL 32539...
Racer1ab
Racer1ab New Reader
12/3/09 12:16 a.m.

Awesome deal!

I'm very tempted, but I can't do anything until I get my DD sorted, and my Mustang sold.

From the description, I'd trust the car to drive back to WV, but would I be able to fit the extra set of wheels and tires as well as the softtop in the car?

Then again, I'd really have no intention of reinstalling the softtop.

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
12/3/09 9:08 a.m.

I have every confidence that it would make it 1000+ miles... and it get's over 30 mpg on the highway. I am relatively sure both sets of wheels would fit, you just might have to have 1 or 2 wheels in the trunk, the rest in the cabin (i.e. a TIGHT fit!) the softtop would fit just fine laying in the spot where it was originally installed, just not bolted in.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
12/7/09 7:47 a.m.
Autolex wrote: I am relatively sure both sets of wheels would fit, you just might have to have 1 or 2 wheels in the trunk, the rest in the cabin (i.e. a TIGHT fit!) the softtop would fit just fine laying in the spot where it was originally installed, just not bolted in.

On a regular basis, I used to fit 4 tires into my '90 Miata for autocross purposes.
Pull the spare tire and place it on the passanger floor.
Place one tire into the trunk (preferably placed "face down" allowing for items to be stored in the "rim dish" area.)
Place a towel or tarp over the passanger seat.
Two tires with tread facing forward on passanger seat (put rims "face to face" and thereby gain some elbow room into the "dish."
Third rim placed with tread facing sideways near glovebox (which should be covered with a towel.) Personal items can either be placed in the slight bit of remaining trunk or placed on the back shelf along with the folded soft top.

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
12/18/09 10:37 a.m.

bump... nobody? maybe after xmas?

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
12/18/09 4:40 p.m.

Still working on it! Trying to work out the logistics of flying out and driving this beast back to WV!

I'm trying, man!

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
12/19/09 8:12 a.m.

no worries, and I know that right before xmas is a horrible time too! just trying to get things moving.

RandyS
RandyS Reader
12/19/09 9:54 a.m.

email sent.

Randy

RandyS
RandyS Reader
12/19/09 10:10 p.m.

In reply to RandyS:

Does it have AC? Manual rack or PS?

Randy

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
12/21/09 9:26 p.m.

sry, on vacation this week. it has a/c, but the belt tensioner is bad, so there is no belt on atm... will include belt, but needs new tensioner. Manual rack.

RandyS
RandyS Reader
12/22/09 10:54 a.m.
Autolex wrote: sry, on vacation this week. it has a/c, but the belt tensioner is bad, so there is no belt on atm... will include belt, but needs new tensioner. Manual rack.

sounds good. email me at solomiata at aol dot com. I want to get some more particulars.

Randy

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
12/30/09 8:28 a.m.

Okay, I am back from vacation... drove to STL from florida in the BMW... and the starter died as soon as I got there... so I went to leave on sunday... and it had snowed/iced... so I had to basically clear a path on my parents road, salt it , and then wait to have it melt so my dad and I could push start it... :(

anyway, I will answer any questions you all have here, so that everyone can get all the info. I will email more pictures tonight to those that want them (buffon01, you will be getting the ones you requested).

I will edit the original listing with any updates/questions to make things easier.

sooooo, go ahead and ask away! :)

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
12/30/09 12:29 p.m.

VPS - Valparaiso, FL

I have to put a starter in the bmw this weekend... when would you want to come and get it?

RandyS
RandyS Reader
12/30/09 2:45 p.m.

Is the hardtop OEM or aftermarket.

Does the hardtop have a headliner or defroster?

You say the paint is truck bedliner in the GRM features. Is it flat paint that can be sanded or is it thick and require scraping?

I can have someone there in 30 minutes if you need a quick sale.

Randy

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
12/31/09 8:13 a.m.

OEM Hardtop w/Headliner and defroster. I have sanded 98% of the truck bed liner off. it is now rustoleum flat black. I used a random orbital to get it off and it wasn't too bad.

it is at $1750.

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
1/1/10 9:56 a.m.
Autolex wrote: sry, on vacation this week. it has a/c, but the belt tensioner is bad, so there is no belt on atm... will include belt, but needs new tensioner. Manual rack.

Was that removed because the compressor/system is dead/leaking?

RandyS
RandyS Reader
1/1/10 10:34 a.m.

PM sent.

Randy

RandyS
RandyS Reader
1/1/10 9:21 p.m.

Clear non-salvage FL title in your name?

Call me or email me a number to reach you.

Randy

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
1/2/10 9:16 a.m.

nah, the compressor/system is fine... I think the bearings in the tensioner E36 M3 the bed. (blew cold until tensioner died)

Clear (non-salvage) ILLINOIS title in my name.

I hadn't planned on the BMW's starter dying on me, I will email you as soon as the starter is fixed (probably monday at this rate)... Sorry Randy.

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
1/4/10 8:18 a.m.

Oh! I forgot to mention... I can take partial payment in the form of firearms/ammunition as a FTF in florida too Email/PM me with what you got if you all are interested in that at all too.

Starter is about 50% done (got the old one out, and the new one sitting in the garage). so the miata should be available wednesdayish. I will take some pictures tonight after I vacuum it

RandyS
RandyS Reader
1/4/10 9:45 a.m.

pm sent

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0rYMmxkpLkafm9QYVeggMMfAcwa8MFesYsPWf0o187b2bc2rIlkSBYeXh7E7XLZQ