turtle8
turtle8
4/28/13 3:32 p.m.

1993 Toyota Paseo in good condition. Was repainted factory red 3 or 4 years ago, but since suffered minor dents on the edge of the roof. As a result there is minor surface rust in that spot. The car has 164,940 miles, but the engine was rebuilt last fall. It was bored .010 over and new pistons and rings were installed. The crankshaft was also refurbished.The cylinder head was rebuilt and skimmed. The clutch was replaced at the time too. The shifter bushings were replaced and a new shift knob with boot installed. Estimated miles on the engine is 6,000.

The car has new Firestone Precision Sport, all season tires on factory steelies.

The interior is stock. I've added a digital media player with new Pioneer speakers in the doors and rear package shelf. The car has a factory sunroof that doesn't leak.

I have autocrossed this car for the past three seasons with the Central Carolinas Region SCCA. It has run in STC and EP

List of mods: OBX Header, Cold air intake, Supertrapp Muffler, GAB adjustable struts/shocks from an EP82 Toyota Starlet GT, Coilover sleeve kit with 300 lb / 400lb Summit Racing springs, universal camber plates, A/C system removed (have compressor, condensor, etc, ready to go with the car)

Optional Items to go with the car at no charge: A/C components, stock air intake assembly, BG lowering springs, Starlet GT coil springs, two used KYB front struts, two new Sachs rear shocks, Saturn 15 x 6 steelies with worn Federal 595 RS-R tires, disassembled engine block and cylinder head, and misc. Paseo items (take your pick).

Maxxim alloy wheels and tires shown in photo will not be included in the sale.

Price: $1,995 OBO

mkeogh303@gmail.com

DSC_9288

P1000150

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
4/28/13 6:39 p.m.

GLWS....I've always wondered how these little things would be in motorsports being so light and small. Unfortunately, I don't need another project and have kind of given up on autocross, but looks like a great deal.

turtle8
turtle8 New Reader
4/28/13 7:32 p.m.

In reply to irish44j:

With a bigger budget than I had and with a Celica transmission, the car would do well in E-Prepared. The gear ratios in the Celica trans make for better acceleration. I never had enough money for r-comps or more horsepower.

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
4/28/13 7:51 p.m.

I'm kind of curious how it would do in FWD class rallycross, honestly. There are few FWD cars out there that are as light and short-wheelbase. Could be very fast. And in rallycross, horsepower and sticky tires don't mean jack.....

turtle8
turtle8 New Reader
4/28/13 10:22 p.m.

In reply to turtle8:

Also available is a custom made intake manifold with quad Triumph TT600 throttle bodies. I was able to get this setup to run for a short while until my MeqaSquirt ignition circuit or processor failed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7yTZSmybAXs9weBGHqcZJ8YCwEI7PuvjqQqSzltvdY0LXMZ2Ff2CyLStwe2dTBuX