1 2
Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
6/28/17 3:18 p.m.

I don't have a garage at home anymore, so I can't do any of this work myself. It really, REALLY is not cost-effective to have it done, so I'm reluctantly selling my favorite luxury sports sedan. It's a 1998 Jaguar XJR, 4.0l supercharged V8, in British Racing Green with Oatmeal colored interior. About 116k miles.

The bad:

The headliner is sagging over the back seat. The rear center air vent keeps popping out of the center console. The center brake light came unglued from the rear window, but works. The interior rear view mirror doesn't auto-dim. It needs a front wheel bearing, but at the moment I can't remember whether it's left or right. Both rear calipers leak slightly. It needs front sway bar end links. It needs engine mounts. It needs transmission mounts. The blend door on the heater may be sticky because occasionally (but not all the time), it only puts out heat on full high. And for some reason, it's missing the R decal on the left valve cover. No idea why.

The rest:

All of the features work: AC, windows, sunroof, heated seats, radio, power antenna, lights, etc. I'm not aware of anything on the car that doesn't actually work. The tires are still in good shape - Michelin Pilot Super Sports that I put on a couple years ago. The body is beautiful and the paint is in good shape. There's a bump or two in the bumper and a scratch here and there, but it really shines up in a proper Jaguar-y green. It runs fantastically.

All in all, this car is a super solid starting point for someone like you who's set up to do car work on your own. Unfortunately, in my current situation, I'm simply not equipped to do that. I don't want to sell it, but I'm not in a position to fix it up right now and I need to replace it.

$1,800 for a GRMer. Trades considered for an interesting and fun 4-seat car that doesn't need a ton of work. In the Chicago area.

And now, the good stuff:

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/28/17 3:39 p.m.

How is it for rust? Very interested depending on that, as a possible challenge car(would not gut/strip it, kinda like john and his q45's just show up and have fun)

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
6/28/17 3:41 p.m.

I'm not aware of any rust. The body is totally clean and straight and not rusty and the bottom doesn't seem rusty, either.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/28/17 3:53 p.m.

Woof. Really interested if Pat is out.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
6/28/17 3:57 p.m.

Oh wow, one of my favorite Jags and it's the right color too. This is a major bucket list car of mine. I wish I had money right now

At least I don't think I have car money right now. There might be a conversation with my wife tonight if you haven't sold it by then.

Patrick
6/28/17 4:15 p.m.
Robbie wrote: Woof. Really interested if Pat is out.

Go for it first, i'm not going to have $ until monday

Robbie
6/28/17 4:28 p.m.

pm sent!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
6/28/17 4:33 p.m.

Nice car

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
6/28/17 4:53 p.m.

Texted you back, Robbie.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/28/17 5:00 p.m.

I don't know if I'm happy or sad that I didn't see this when I was in Joliet last week. I might have had to drive it home if I'd seen it but the last thing I need right now is another car.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/28/17 8:25 p.m.

As an x308 xjr owner. This is totally worth it!

Patrick
6/28/17 8:35 p.m.
yupididit wrote: As an x308 xjr owner. This is totally worth it!

I feel dumb for telling robbie to take first shot at it, but I'd have to get rid of my wrx, and I really like my wrx. And I already have a high powered large sedan.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/28/17 8:38 p.m.

Trade for 1998 740iL ?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/28/17 8:45 p.m.

Nice. I've always loved those Jagua.

AngryCorvair
6/29/17 6:38 a.m.

PM'd for my spot in line

Dbussey1
Dbussey1 Reader
6/29/17 8:05 a.m.

Oh my.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
6/29/17 4:29 p.m.

Loses or gains points in the concours for the missing hand engraved 'r'?

yupididit
6/29/17 9:13 p.m.

So, this hasn't sold yet?

Robbie
6/29/17 10:32 p.m.
yupididit wrote: So, this hasn't sold yet?

If you are a Hamilton fan "I am not throwing away my shot", but we haven't been able to line up our schedules yet.

yupididit
6/29/17 10:58 p.m.

Awesome. I was going to sell mine but I think I'll keep it a little longer.

AngryCorvair
6/30/17 7:39 a.m.

Time's up! Next in line, please!

yupididit
7/1/17 1:26 p.m.

Xjr 100 partout

Future buyer grab some goodies too!

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
7/1/17 2:11 p.m.

The car has been sold. Thank you!

Patrick
7/1/17 3:56 p.m.

fudge me. i could have had it too because i was first. broke the datsun, this would be the perfect challenge drive there/home car to just have fun with.

yupididit
7/1/17 4:12 p.m.

In reply to Lugnut:

Awesome. Did Robbie buy it?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9HhwTM1Km9Wf1e6RBS57bDlQNvcOkPacgeFYYcuw1CM0lPbVzGZhhnBuRgWrZPwS