1 2
Powar
Powar SuperDork
5/5/15 12:54 p.m.
Cooter wrote: Will it throw any codes with a MTX CPU? Or will there just be an issue with cruise control?

It should not trip the CEL with the MTX ECU from a car with the proper options/from the proper years. If what I've read is true, it simply wouldn't have cruise in fifth gear because it'd think the ratio was wrong.

I don't live in a place that cares so I didn't care.

All of this can be avoided with the proper MTX ECU and replacing the fifth gear assembly with the stock one. That is included in the sale, but I personally LOVE the drop in revs on the highway.

I think I mentioned it before, but I'll pull the codes for anyone interested if they come look at the car.

Cooter
Cooter Reader
5/5/15 3:03 p.m.

Our tests are every 2 years. I think a pair of ECUs could solve both issues since I will know when my test is coming up.

Hmm.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
5/6/15 7:22 a.m.
Cooter wrote: Our tests are every 2 years. I think a pair of ECUs could solve both issues since I will know when my test is coming up. Hmm.

Come on down. If you time it right, dinner and local beer are on me.

EDIT: I just checked the local PullAPart inventory online. They have quite a few '97-'99 S-Series cars listed. I'd think at least a couple would have to match.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
5/11/15 9:00 a.m.

Sale pending.

Cooter
Cooter Reader
5/11/15 9:13 a.m.

Thank heaven.

I was trying to figure out what I was going to sell to get this.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
6/1/15 7:33 p.m.
Powar wrote: Sale pending.

Is it gone?

Powar
Powar SuperDork
6/2/15 7:23 a.m.

It is. Thanks for the interest.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
6/2/15 8:53 p.m.