1 2 3 ... 8
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
2/6/19 3:31 p.m.

Here they are:

$2000 Challenge Rules

I promise that reading them won't take too much time, and they're written in plain english.

Please read them before coming to the event!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/6/19 3:37 p.m.

"During the concours, there are no minimum clothing requirements."

This is a dangerous statement to have in this crowd! 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/6/19 4:44 p.m.

That Q&A session at the end was exhausting.  

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/18/19 10:38 a.m.

Did the dates change, or were they always the 25th-26th of October and I had it my head wrong? I thought I checked recently and it was the 18th-19th.

mbirt
mbirt New Reader
3/19/19 10:13 a.m.

In reply to bluej :

This is definitely a recent change.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/19/19 12:29 p.m.

And we have asked about that change a couple times already, and been confirmed the 18&19. I'll see if I can find the threads.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
3/19/19 12:30 p.m.

Oops! Yes, the dates changed. Bigger announcement coming soon, but the basics are thank you UF football schedule 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
3/19/19 12:38 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Berkley !

I've gotta see if I can do some shuffling....

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/19 1:59 p.m.

so please respond YES or NO, is the event 10/25-10/26?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/19/19 2:09 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:

Berkley !

I've gotta see if I can do some shuffling....

No kidding!

bluej
3/20/19 8:16 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

so please respond YES or NO, is the event 10/25-10/26?

umm, yeah. that. por favor.

-j

edit: UF schedule has them away at South Carolina on the 19th. I'm confused. (UF Schedule)

bluej
3/22/19 10:04 a.m.

Bump?

bluej
3/22/19 11:31 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Oops! Yes, the dates changed. Bigger announcement coming soon, but the basics are thank you UF football schedule 

Do you know how soon is "coming soon"? If possible, I think if we knew a general idea of when to expect the updated info, it would help. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/22/19 1:12 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

The dates changed to what?

Is it the 25-26th, or the 18-19th?

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/22/19 1:44 p.m.

Also wondering what the change is. I can't get to 2000challenge.com right now either. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
3/22/19 1:52 p.m.

Sorry for the confusion, and the change. New date is the 25th and 26th of October.

And the UF schedule is only indirectly responsible, in that it forces all non-football folks into fewer fall weekends to choose from, hotel-wise.

Which is why our host hotel had a large wedding booked in on top of us on the original date. They thought they could make it work, but it became apparent between the lack of enough rooms they could promise, smaller banquet facilities, etc., that we would have a compromised event on that date. And we do not want to settle (again), so we moved the date.

Hope you guys can all make it work. (If you can’t, let me know and I will get the bride and groom’s names so you can at least crash the wedding.)

Margie

bluej
3/22/19 3:12 p.m.

Thanks for the update!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/25/19 10:46 a.m.

Tom: i had emailed for some questions/permissions through the system late last week. Im wondering if it came through or was the victim of being from a hotmail account?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
6/25/19 11:07 a.m.

I haven't seen anything come through, mind trying again?

Dusterbd13-michael
6/25/19 11:22 a.m.

Tried again 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/9/19 12:58 p.m.

If my car runs faster than a 13.49 but it is a coupe and i have windows do i need a cage? from my experience in drag racing normally you do not need one unless you are sub 10.0 in a coupe. convertible is different for obvious reasons. my other fox has an 8 point but that car runs 8s/9s i just need to figure out if i should go grab some steel tubing i found as scrap at a roll cage shop.

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
7/9/19 3:39 p.m.

Basic Nhra rules for drags  Basic SCCA rules for Auto cross,  Bar Sizes come into play with SCCA being smaller in some areas, Build for Nhra For Dragging AFTER the Challenge or Scca For auto cross AFTER the Challenge You May squeeze the rules a bit but Not with Shoddy Work, after all there is a concurs, just Do a good Job on the Build Quality, If you have a 9 Second Car you Know What's Right and what's Not. most Guy's (Gal's) Want to Build Past Specs but Really that Can Get Expensive. A 12 Second car is quick for a Streeter, 10's will have them looking at ya

Harder Than It looks,   A 1 year build takes 2 or more Because of the Money Factor, this is Labor Intensive.

Dusterbd13-michael
7/9/19 4:30 p.m.

What gtx said. Tintops go 11.49 uncaged. Open tops (the way the car was originally made, or if you cut the roof off, whichever is applicable. Cant add a roof to a miata and be counted as a tintop) are 13.49 uncaged. Quicker than either requires a cage. And scca sprc will NOT meet nhra spec.  As stated by tom in a much lengthier email chain. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/9/19 6:29 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Ok thank you. Yea i do all the labor kyself and know mustangs like the back of my hand so it wont be hard to make it quick for cheap. I just didnt want to have runs thrown out because i didnt meet the requirements. Once i get the nitrous kit installed ill do some testing at the track to see how much below 11.49 i am. If only a few tenths its not even worth it as the steel tubing weight will essentially negate the difference. 

malibuguy
malibuguy GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/6/19 8:32 p.m.

can I just show up in a $700 car and gas reciept?

1 2 3 ... 8

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
jhPXruWr1VbdVgvdbrGCXzU90VjZW41YuhOqscCMuRO7QzvgS5Fu1NL1OUnzP6TR