1 2 3
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/31/15 12:39 p.m.

In reply to Ian F:

I was kind of zeroing in on the module (computer) in the passenger footwell. I know there are some connections there for the turn signal. Plus, before I replaced the windshield it had been leaking on that side, so it made sense to me.

This might be fairly straight forward. Might just need patience.

Im just hesitant to recommend it for a fly-n-drive, because I don't know.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
5/31/15 12:51 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Im just hesitant to recommend it for a fly-n-drive, because I don't know.

It just adds to the adventure.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
5/31/15 12:59 p.m.

Or misadventures

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/31/15 1:02 p.m.
JThw8 wrote:
SVreX wrote: Im just hesitant to recommend it for a fly-n-drive, because I don't know.

For you, I'd recommend it.

You deserve a nice fly-n-pedal.

dmyntti
dmyntti Reader
5/31/15 1:13 p.m.

Seriously someone needs to buy this and pick it up on the way to the challenge. Race it and either sell it there or haul it home. I wasn't planning on going to the challenge this year but I am tempted to do just that. Would someone please hurry up and buy the thing before I pull the trigger on another project I don't need.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
5/31/15 2:23 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
For you, I'd recommend it. You deserve a nice fly-n-pedal.

I have zero need for a Mini but I thought about it just for the adventure. Seriously thinking since there's no banger rally this year I might fly out west and buy something rust free and interesting and drive it home just because.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
5/31/15 2:35 p.m.

I had a 03 Mini S and loved it. I just bought my wife a new car and I'm stuck driving a soul sucking Honda Pilot . Please tell me the ac does not work ! I have a daughter getting married next weekend but my start selling blood to get this.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/31/15 2:40 p.m.

In reply to scottdownsouth:

The AC blows nice and cold.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/31/15 2:42 p.m.

The car is sold.

If anyone is wondering why more pictures didn't get posted, you can thank the new owner, Mr. Joshua.

I did send them, but apparently he hoarded them.

Go figyah!

Thanks guys!

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
5/31/15 2:44 p.m.

Thank God. I can rest now.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
5/31/15 2:55 p.m.

Best worst news I've heard today !

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/31/15 3:06 p.m.
SVreX wrote: In reply to scottdownsouth: The AC blows nice and cold.

Of course, "cold" is a relative term by MINI standards... Let's just say you can tell it's an AC system developed in a country where it doesn't get that hot or humid...

Congrats to Joshua. Now I can concentrate on just waffling about that Miata instead of two cars at the same time...

markwemple
markwemple Dork
5/31/15 3:09 p.m.

Crap. Lost again

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/31/15 3:15 p.m.
markwemple wrote: Crap. Lost again

Believe me... I know these cars well... part of me is sad I missed it as well... but a larger part of me considers this a bullet dodged.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
5/31/15 3:49 p.m.

Lol. Can't be any worse than the M5s that I've been looking at

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
5/31/15 3:50 p.m.

To the proud new owner: I have a set of Mini star rims with old but almost new r Hoosier tires that you need. Cheepo !

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/31/15 3:54 p.m.

You need to broaden your market.

If they will fit on a MINI, they'll fit on a Miata.

There should be plenty of people around here who can use them.

What width wheels? What compound Hoosiers?

I might be interested.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/31/15 3:56 p.m.

If those are 8, 9, or 10 inch wide wheels with 25 compound on them, mark them sold.

Probably not, since they are Ministars, but worth asking.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/1/15 7:47 a.m.

If the "MINIstars" are what I think they are (I've never heard of any MINI wheel being named that), then the size is likely 16 x 6.5.

MINI wheels are usually identified by an "R__" number, but there have been dozens of designs and sizes since the car was introduced in 2001, so confusion and "made-up" names are understandable. Here is a good list: http://libraryofmotoring.info/facts/wheels/

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
6/1/15 8:30 p.m.

R83 I do believe. Things went crazy at work so I will have to wait until I get some free time to confirm everything.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T4LJA8cTEMFGvax4hHR1BySuXWxzDm0VNaudHJsQUQxTe0m9K9pasFYXW38VNcka