1 ... 24 25 26
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/8/19 9:09 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

It was entirely possible my plan was to check every box on the entry form that my car fit into and see what happens. Not like a driver with no experience in an underpowered 4000lbs tank is actually going to win anything but it's whatever I guess.

infinitenexus
infinitenexus New Reader
6/18/19 4:34 p.m.

If anyone is near Maryland, I have a 1990 M/B 300E in excellent shape that basically just needs some exhaust work, a blower motor, and one window motor to be a perfect daily driver.  It would be a great gastropod.  The interior is mint except for a few small spots (drivers seat bolster, wood grain on dash), the handling is tight, new tires, etc etc.  And I just need to get rid of it so you can pretty much name your price.  Or trade me some cool stuff for my Mustang and/or future challenge car. 

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/1990-mercedes-300e-good-condition-challenge-price-baltimore-maryland/154953/page1/

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
7/1/19 8:42 a.m.
bluej
bluej UberDork
7/1/19 10:42 a.m.

I may have figured out a way for my gastro truck to go this year, even though I can't. Discussions will continue. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/11/19 10:18 a.m.

Are Trades allowed in the Gastropod category?

Here's the example I'm thinking about:  My car came with a new (documented 3 week old) battery.  It's massive and heavy.  I'd like to replace it with a smaller and lighter lawn tractor battery to save weight.  Will you all except this?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
7/11/19 10:39 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

As long as it meets regular Challenge rules I'm 100% on board. Nobody wants these cars to be intentionally slow, just practical. I daily a dumb little lithium battery in my Accord and it doesn't change the practicality of the car one bit. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/11/19 11:12 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Great.  Thanks.  This will be my first challenge (and I don't want to be in violation of the "don't be a dick" rule)

I've put 4,000 plus miles on my Gastropod (since purchase) already.  It still very much retains it's practicality.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/11/19 12:52 p.m.

I don't think anyone said they had to remain stock. If that was the case I don't think Seth would have suggested I go Gastropod with my very far from stock wagon. Though I guess I got practical nailed. 7 seats and the ability to tow most any of the other Gastropod cars. (Please don't make me prove that last bit).

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
7/11/19 5:52 p.m.

This is still an editorial event. Gastropod is still the Challenge, just a different shaped box. By all means, have fun, go fast, and be awesome. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/11/19 6:37 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth & Daylan C:

Oh, I plan to have fun, create content for the magazine, and go fast (in that order). Just checking if trade's were allowed in the Gastropod "box" given the limited recoup rule.  yes

1 ... 24 25 26
Our Preferred Partners
ZIg09Dt7TM7kbR7zoCEC3u5FrXz3HXHwXB6jsO18YEnYHTuRPcEMVQYORdQp1Iys